Flickering Meters

Jim-Haydon wrote on 6/1/2020, 10:01 AM

Just updated my version of Sound Forge Pro V13.0.0 (b131) to V13.0.0 (b135) a few moments ago and now I am getting flickering on both my Peak Meter V2 and the VU/PPM Meters that was not present in my previous (b131) version. Very Annoying at best and extremely hard on the eyes even after only a few minutes of editing. Flickers/Flashes on all Peak Transients. Is there a way of turning this off? or has something else happened. Completely un-usable this way!

Thank You in advance for any assistance in this matter.

Respectfully,

Jim A. Haydon - Pres.

Complex One Digital Post

Comments

rraud wrote on 6/2/2020, 10:42 AM

Hi @Jim-Haydon and welcome to the Sound Forge forum.
I have not read of or experienced that abnormality before. Two things you can try:

- Reset SF to the factory fresh defaults. this resets all preferences and deletes leftover cached application data. I do not have SF at hand but I recall the reset command is the "File" menu

if that fails to correct it;

- Uninstall and reinstall. I frequently recommend using a third-party uninstaller that can cleans out leftover folders, registry entries and other pertinent data the OS uninstall leaves behind. Then reinstall.
Revo Uninstall is highly regarded. There is a freeware version as well as a pro version. The freeware version is adequate for most folks

Jim-Haydon wrote on 6/2/2020, 11:03 AM

Thank You for your response. Oddly enough after posting my first comments regarding the flashing meters after updating SF V13 from b131 to b135 I realized that WIN-10 was doing an update in the background. I completed the WIN-10 Pro update and also updated my Universal Audio software from V9.11.0 to the latest release V9.12.1 but it was not until later that day I had the opportunity to relaunch Sound Forge Pro V13 and to my surprise the meter flashing that was present before was now gone. Not sure what changed but glad it is gone as it was extremely hard on the eyes the way it was initially after the 135 update.

condex wrote on 6/11/2020, 6:34 AM

I've got exactly the same flickering problem with the meters as per @Jim-Haydon but it occurs with SoundForge 14. The thing is that I only bought and installed SF14 two days ago, and the flickering occurred from the outset. The flickering meter problem does not occur in SF13 (b135) when using exactly the same .wav file. Any thoughts would be much appreciated, though I suppose I'll need to lodge a support ticket.

Edit: I've uninstalled SL14, CC Cleaned the REG, and re-installed SF14. No difference. The flickering is still present and the frequency of flickering differs on each play of the same .wav file.

Another find: the meter flickering only occurs on mono recordings. Stereo tracks don't cause the flickering, though converting them to mono introduces the flickering.

Anyway, I've now lodged a support ticket with MAGIX re this.