Finding your used soundpools

lou-tull wrote on 9/5/2021, 7:50 AM

Hi there , so .. this is a continuation of a previous thread where I have created some music and now im planning on getting the royalty free version, however I can no longer tell which soundpools i used to create my composition... is there a way to find out which sound pools i sampled so i can then go and buy the royalty free version?

Comments

coneman wrote on 9/5/2021, 8:15 AM

this may help go to > File - Settings - Project Settings - Information.

Tascam US-366 usb audio interface.
Processor    AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core Processor                 3.95 GHz
Installed RAM    32.0 GB
10 pro
System type    64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
AMD Radeon RX5700

lou-tull wrote on 9/5/2021, 8:24 AM

Thank you it helps a bit , now with that info I can go and look up the loops i have used within my sound loops .

browj2 wrote on 9/5/2021, 9:12 AM

Hi,

Unfortunately, Project Settings Information doesn't give much, especially if you have only ogg or wav files. The loop name shows up .HDP under Audio Temp, so you can't easily find the Soundpool name using that.

You can search for each loop, but that could be very time-consuming.

Even the properties of a loop doesn't help much.

If you right-click on a loop, there is an option to Display Soundpool and Instrument in Media Pool. In MMM2022, this does nothing that I can find. I think that it worked a long time ago. One should raise a ticket with Magix about this.

Probably the best way is to just keep track of the Soundpools manually.

I would like to see the actual Soundpool folder and loop name in the Information tab, not the temporary location and hdp file, and be able to export the list to a text file. I'll add this to the wish list.

@lou-tull

Semantics, but all Soundpools/Loops are royalty-free. You mean that you need a Commercial License.

John CB

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2025 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos