Finding New Plug In

nickconstant wrote on 6/3/2020, 4:09 AM

Hi - I have Music Maker 28 and have just downloaded and installed Lush 101 Plug In from Producer Planet . When I open music maker I have no access to plug in - I thought it might integrate with Music maker as it was created by them for music maker . The VST plug In folder it has downloaded to only has a dll file of about 5kb and nothing else

Comments

emmrecs wrote on 6/3/2020, 5:05 AM

@nickconstant

Are you running the version with the latest update just downloaded, i.e. 28.0.3.51? If so, I think there is a big problem!  Specifically, it seems impossible to activate the "Premium" version, which I have (and which includes the option to designate a VST folder) but it is now telling me that I am running only the Free version!!!

I will investigate further, and report back, hopefully.

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

nickconstant wrote on 6/3/2020, 5:18 AM

Hi Jeff - yes the update has downloaded . I'm now being asked to pay for any instruments I have downloaded for free as part of premium package . And the software is starting to freeze....

emmrecs wrote on 6/3/2020, 6:07 AM

@nickconstant

I think I've discovered the reason why this is happening, for me at least.

When I checked my online Magix account it said the Update Service for MM had expired! I have raised a ticket about this because I have received no notification about the expiry and I think that the fact it had expired should have meant that I was not able to proceed with any updating!

It might be worth you looking at your Magix account and checking whether you have encountered a similar problem.

I will report back as I hear anything from Magix Support.

Jeff

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

Graham-Hawker wrote on 6/3/2020, 6:30 AM

I thought it might integrate with Music maker as it was created by them for music maker . The VST plug In folder it has downloaded to only has a dll file of about 5kb and nothing else

It wasn't created by them for Music maker. It was created by D16 for any vst compatible DAW. Produce Planet lists numerous third party plugins. Other question - did you install the 32 bit version? The 64 bit version won't work in Music Maker.

nickconstant wrote on 6/3/2020, 8:03 AM

Hi Graham

It appears to be the 64 bit version - I am only given 64 bit version to download which seems odd to only have the 64 bit available if it doesn't work with Music Maker

emmrecs wrote on 6/3/2020, 9:27 AM

@Graham-Hawker

Oh. The old "64 bit" problem again! I should have thought of that!

@nickconstant

The listing in Producer Planet says the app is usable in both 32 bit and 64 bit DAWs. Did you have an option, during install, to select the 32 bit version? If you re-run the installer, does that offer something like a "Repair" option, or the opportunity to install the 32 bit version?

Re 32 bit v 64 bit: I saw a message from MM in the "News" tab this morning that says the next major update to MM will be 64 bit:

Jeff

Graham-Hawker wrote on 6/3/2020, 9:49 AM

Hi Graham

It appears to be the 64 bit version - I am only given 64 bit version to download which seems odd to only have the 64 bit available if it doesn't work with Music Maker

Although it would work in all other Magix DAWs products - Samplitude and Acid.

nickconstant wrote on 6/3/2020, 10:36 AM

I wasn't given the option of 32 / 64 bit - I could only download the program with no options when downloading . I might try the D16 website

emmrecs wrote on 6/3/2020, 11:02 AM

@nickconstant

This screenshot quite clearly states that use with a 32 bit host is entirely possible.

So, assuming your computer at least meets the requirements of the plugin I think we need to know, to which folder has the plugin .dll "installed" and have you set this folder in the MM options to select a VST folder?

Jeff

nickconstant wrote on 6/3/2020, 11:19 AM

The plugin installed to 'VST Plugin' Folder on C drive (separate from Magix program) . MM does not give me an option to create a VST folder but this maybe because a recent update has downgraded my premium version - I'm not entirely sure (All my instruments now need an activation code which I dont have as they were free options to premium software) . When I downloaded and run the plug in I am not given an option to choose a path to download to . I might try copying VST Plugin folder manually into Magix folder and see if that works

browj2 wrote on 6/3/2020, 11:28 AM

@nickconstant

Check under Help, Activated content. If you don't see your activation codes activated, the Help, Show startup dialog, Magix account tab, and add in you activation code. If you have more than one for older versions, add them as well.

Make sure that you are logged into the Store.

Make sure that you have downloaded and installed everything under the Downloads button (down arrow) at the upper right of your screen.

John CB

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2024 with MM2023 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos

nickconstant wrote on 6/3/2020, 12:07 PM

Hi John

When a click on Activated Content in Help it says 'Activated content from installed programs and serial numbers already entered'

3 instruments are working 6 are not (the 3 may have come with original download)

All my instruments were downloaded a couple of months ago and have been working fine until update from Magix

browj2 wrote on 6/3/2020, 12:55 PM

@nickconstant

Under Activated Content in Help, do you see all of your activation codes listed?

If the update was a new version, you may have to reinstall the instruments.

Is there anything remaining to be downloaded under the downloads button arrow at the upper right of the Media Pool? If nothing, the button likely will not show.

John CB

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2024 with MM2023 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

nickconstant wrote on 6/3/2020, 1:09 PM

Under Activated content in help I only get a pop up box saying 'Activated content from installed programs and serial numbers already entered' - no activation numbers given . Nothing to be downloaded

emmrecs wrote on 6/3/2020, 1:54 PM

@nickconstant

MM does not give me an option to create a VST folder but this maybe because a recent update has downgraded my premium version - I'm not entirely sure (All my instruments now need an activation code which I dont have as they were free options to premium software) .

I see exactly the same! As I wrote before, in my case the Update Service has, apparently, expired; hence, presumably, the problems we are seeing. @nickconstant did you check the status of yours in your Magix account?

Under Activated content in help I only get a pop up box saying 'Activated content from installed programs and serial numbers already entered' - no activation numbers given 

Here, mine IS different. I see the activation code for MM Premium (but not for other, earlier versions which I had and which were previously listed there) but the "Activate" button does nothing!

I have raised a Support Ticket and will post again if/when I receive a reply.

Jeff

browj2 wrote on 6/3/2020, 3:08 PM

Check under Help, Activated content. If you don't see your activation codes activated, the Help, Show startup dialog, Magix account tab, and add in you activation code. If you have more than one for older versions, add them as well.

Make sure that you have downloaded and installed everything under the Downloads button (down arrow) at the upper right of your screen.

@nickconstant

Please read what I wrote above carefully and follow the instructions. You say that there is nothing under Activated Content, so obviously, you have to add your Activation Code as I instructed.

@emmrecs

Hi Jeff,

You have lost me there. There is no Update Service for MusicMaker; it's free. When you get Plus or Premium, you are getting the add-ons; there are no updates to these. Any updates to the program itself are free - patches and new versions.

John CB

John C.B.

nickconstant wrote on 6/3/2020, 3:10 PM

Hi Jeff - I see activation codes for all versions of MM but cant find any info on the update service

nickconstant wrote on 6/3/2020, 3:17 PM

John - I did exactly this as you explained but when I enter activation code and press Activate button nothing happens . This is presumably because the activation code has already been entered previously when I originally activated the product and it is not possible to enter the same activation code twice

emmrecs wrote on 6/3/2020, 4:34 PM

@browj2

I am not sure you are correct about MM and the Update Service for the Plus or Premium versions. I posted above a screenshot of the News tab about the upcoming 64 bit version.

I am logged into the Store, my code is shown on the Activation screen but the "Activate" button does nothing and my installation, previously Premium, is now most definitely the Free version, just like @nickconstant is seeing.

Jeff

browj2 wrote on 6/3/2020, 10:35 PM

@nickconstant @emmrecs

I just noticed that there an update - it didn't pop up automatically, which it should. So this may be the problem. I will hold off updating and stay at 28.0.2.47.

Here is what I see now:

Above contains all of my Activation Codes.

Note that I am logged in.

Do you see any credits on the above screen?

Under News, I only get an advert for Loops Unlimited.

Nothing about Update Service here. The others that I checked are the same. Even Music Maker (28) just shows registration date, nothing else.

If you have already activated the code, it should show in the first image. If you Activate again, probably nothing happens.

What do you see under Store, Features as shown above? Anything that does not have a price on it has been purchased.

John CB

Last changed by browj2 on 6/3/2020, 10:39 PM, changed a total of 1 times.

John C.B.

nickconstant wrote on 6/4/2020, 3:27 AM

All instruments have padlocks on them and require activation code or purchase to get them working again . I downloaded them within Music Maker as part of the free add-ons for Premium version . I am correctly signed onto my Magix Account and can purchase new instruments from within the program bu my old instruments are locked and no information is available on them in my Magix account (soundpools I have purchased and downloaded for free are shown as well as other software) .

I received a reply from Magix

" Please start the program, access the "Store" tab on the right-hand side of the screen, and open the drop-down menu from the cog wheel item. Choose the "Log in to Store" option and make sure to sign in with the correct MAGIX user account under which you previously obtained the missing content or feature item(s)."

I followed instructions and again I am asked to enter an Activation code and if I do enter Activation code and press Activate button nothing happens

I have managed to get a 32Bit copy of Lush 101 but have no luck in getting access to it from within Music Maker . I have no option to create a VSTI PlugIn Folder

emmrecs wrote on 6/4/2020, 3:48 AM

@nickconstant @browj2

I am in exactly the same position, re the activation of MM, as @nickconstant!

@browj2 here are the equivalent screenshots to two of those you showed:

This shows only the latest version of MM which I have; as per that screen before the update, it should show one other version and a "Coupon" code. The "Activate" button does nothing, no response, no error message, nothing!

This is part of the instruments tab, showing ALL of them as locked, including at least some which I had added over the years:

John, based on the experiences of @nickconstant and myself, I think it is a very good idea to hold off updating.

My Magix account listing shows this:

Notice the mention of Update Service "expired".

Jeff (becoming very frustrated)

nickconstant wrote on 6/4/2020, 4:10 AM

My Magix Account does not show 'Update Service' , but does show activation code . Do you have any any Activation Codes for individual instruments which you have downloaded in your Magix Account ? I assume activation code is only for actual Music Maker program

nickconstant wrote on 6/4/2020, 4:12 AM

I have emailed Tech support further to see if I can get anywhere , if not I might have to try and speak to someone in Magix