Finally, ACID Pro 8 is here!

MAGIX_Redaktion wrote on 4/23/2018, 3:41 AM

Dear community,

You have all been waiting long enough. We finally released the new version ACID Pro 8!

Have a look at our official announcement and see what the new version is capable of.

Everybody who have taken advantage of the grace offer, please be a little patient. You should receive an email with the serial this week.

Best regards,
Mathias

Comments

anthony-james wrote on 4/23/2018, 6:47 AM

Fantastic... Thanks Mathias .

Looking forward to giving it a run later this week...

Glad to see so many high quality plug-ins and extras also included in the deal.

DANADAX wrote on 4/23/2018, 10:46 AM

Is Melodyne ARA integration planned?

AndyG wrote on 4/23/2018, 3:10 PM

Hello, I'm about to buy Acid 8, and my concern is, before installing Acid 8, do I need to uninstalled Acid 7? and, all of my project in Acid 7 are going to work with 8 and still keeping the FX and plugins? Thank you.

sheppo wrote on 4/23/2018, 5:36 PM

Hello, I'm about to buy Acid 8, and my concern is, before installing Acid 8, do I need to uninstalled Acid 7? and, all of my project in Acid 7 are going to work with 8 and still keeping the FX and plugins? Thank you.

Hi. I've installed AP8 today, there are x64 and x86 versions. If you have AP7 installed it looks like this needs to be upgraded to AP8, the installer prompts to upgrade and if you cancel it the installation of AP8 x86 is skipped. AP8 x64 will install alongside AP7 without issue.

I took a project I was working on in Acid Music 10.0 and imported it without issue in to AP8 x64. The only issue I had was that some of my VSTs were x86 only, so I had to seek for x64 versions to resolve that issue.

AndyG wrote on 4/23/2018, 6:14 PM

I installed the free trial for now, I want to know how it's works. I opened an AP7 project and the "Express FX Reverb plugin is missing, I don't know why. Other thing is, I want to change the background color (dark grey) where you add the track waveform.

mjn wrote on 4/24/2018, 11:20 AM

If you have AP7 installed it looks like this needs to be upgraded to AP8,... AP8 x64 will install alongside AP7 without issue.

Do I understand this correctly- the 32 bit x86 version of AP8 replaces the currently installed AP7? They do not install separately of each other? Can anyone who has installed only the 32 bit AP8 verify? Thank you.

backbeat69 wrote on 4/24/2018, 4:03 PM

With acid pro 7. I could install it on my studio PC my studio laptop and my travel Laptop.Just got Acid Pro 8. I can only install it on two of them, not my travel laptop why? Seems like two is the limit. I only use one at a timeAnd is there a work around instead of taking acid Pro 8 off of my studio PC's

MAGIX_Redaktion wrote on 4/25/2018, 3:59 AM

As far as I know, you should be able to have ACID Pro 7 and ACID Pro 8 each on two devices. If that isn't the case please contact our customer service.

backbeat69 wrote on 4/25/2018, 5:12 AM

No I am sorry Acid Pro 7 I have on three PC's no problem. Acid pro 8 from you people restricts me to 2.Why? It's paid for .Note I can only run it on one PC at a time.I down loaded the instruments and all ,

but where are the Loops

MAGIX_Redaktion wrote on 4/25/2018, 5:38 AM

@backbeat69 I think you still have ACID Pro 7 from Sony. They had or have a different policy.

For the MAGIX products it's common to have one software running at a time. When you go travel, you can just go to your MAGIX account and deactivate your version on the desktop pc and add the version on the laptop.

backbeat69 wrote on 4/25/2018, 6:54 PM

I do have the old Acid Pro 7 maybe 12 years now.Why can't I load Sound Forge 11 as my editing program.this might be another bug.And where are the loops I was able to get the new instruments can not find the loops what up with that

kinvermark wrote on 4/25/2018, 8:44 PM

@MAGIX_Redaktion

Is there a listing of what is included in the 9GB of new loops content? Maybe some of the old Sony sound library?

vern-connor wrote on 4/27/2018, 3:49 AM

Thanks Magix

Im super happy with Acid Pro 8 love the new instruments and hasn’t crashed once

👍👍

kinvermark wrote on 4/27/2018, 1:33 PM

Uhh... where has the MEDIA MANAGER gone? Anyone have this working on their AP8 system? (works fine in AP7 FYI).

backbeat69 wrote on 4/27/2018, 6:34 PM

Have no Idea not working here either. Can not find the loops.I guess we have to get support to work with us. My VST'S are not showing up. (Additive Drums and Key's that are 64 bit.).The only stuff showing up is Magix stuff.i know how to search for my VST's did that not able to scan them. This might be a codding error have to wait and see.My Sound Forge 11 is not showing up so I can use it as the editor.Support has been great with all my questions .If you guys find out about anything please post it for the rest of us

kinvermark wrote on 4/27/2018, 7:10 PM

The new LOOPS you can download from the AP8 help menu. The other stuff I know nothing about.

backbeat69 wrote on 4/28/2018, 5:16 AM

yea I did download all that from the help tab but where are they ? I have all the drums and stuff but no loops.They seem to have downloaded into my Document file but will not open up. When you hit on them it just starts to setup again. I guess we will just have to wait. We did wait 10 years for an update so what's a little more time

Ok they put the loops in my file folder called ASDR files.Now to get sound forge 11 as my editor within Acid Pro I will update when I get info on how

kinvermark wrote on 4/28/2018, 6:36 AM

Wait for what? They are there... not in the same folder as the virtual instruments, but in a separate folder for each loop library...details later its 430 am here :)

kinvermark wrote on 4/28/2018, 10:11 AM

C:\Users\Public\Documents\MAGIX\Common

jphatbeats wrote on 4/28/2018, 12:23 PM

im using the trial to see if its worth it... one issue im having right off the bat.. is doing side chain compression .. has there been any update on how this is accomplished in acid..

anthony-james wrote on 4/29/2018, 3:26 AM

Yes side chaining and all routing limitations need to be addressed as the number one priority IMHO..

Audio to Audio (sidechaining, gating etc) Audio to Midi and Midi to Audio routing if added will make it possible for Acid to become my primary DAW.

Also some more midi editing features (velocity curves especially need an update) would be welcome...

I have to say that so far AP8 has been a really good experience for me.. Very stable, really snappy to work with (no lag in navigating the GUI) the included plug-ins are great and most VSTs are running without issue... Good job Magix.

GroovinDJ wrote on 4/29/2018, 4:30 AM

Confirmed, there's an issue with Media Manager. Enabling it just shows a message saying it's not installed.

It's mentioned in the index of the AP8 manual, but the page (283) contains nothing about Media Manager.

Whoever worked on the manual needs a kick up the rear end!

BTW it seems there's also an issue with posting here using Firefox. This is my third attempt at posting this (now using Chrome).

william-buck wrote on 4/29/2018, 9:25 AM

I just want to say thank you to Magix for reviving ACID Pro. After Sony stalled all future ACID development after AP7's release a decade ago, I did not think we would ever see a 64bit version of AP. Without native 64bit support, AP had reached it's end of life. Fast forward to 2018, and now we have a freshly coded native 64bit AP8 that has laid a solid foundation for future development. I did the $99 upgrade to AP8 just for the 64bit native support. Everything else is icing on the cake. I do like the refreshed GUI makeover and I am looking forward to the VST3 update. I am quite impressed with AP's transition to 64bit. I was able to open and play back a 32bit AP7 project in AP8 64bit without issue. It certainly helps that I have all of the 64bit plugin versions installed. So when AP8 opened the project it seamlessly substituted the 32bit versions with the 64bit versions (UAD plugins, EZD2. ARC, etc..). Shweet!

ryan-genengels wrote on 4/29/2018, 11:15 AM

Are the grace offer serials still on the way? Haven't seen one yet and looking forward to using AP8. Thanks!