Fender Mustang Micro & Music Maker (64-bit)

Merv5000 wrote on 8/28/2022, 3:39 PM

Hello. I am new to DAW software and decided to try Music Maker as my first choice. I'm having two problem right out of the gate. 1. Music Maker does not recognize my Fender Mustang Micro (however I can play along with YouTube videos with no problems). I have not been able to hear any instruments such as the piano but I can hear the metronome when my driver selection is "Direct Sound". My environment is i7 Dell PC with an integrated sound card. SSD and 16gb of RAM. Music Maker is (64-bit) Ver 31.0.0.10

Do you have any thoughts on resolving these issues?

Thanks in advance.

Merv

Comments

SP. wrote on 8/28/2022, 3:47 PM

@Merv5000 To hear the piano and other instruments you need to select the Music Maker ASIO driver. You can try to enable your Fender Mustang in the Advanced settings of the ASIO driver by clicking on the button.

Drivers like Direct Sound are only to use as a backup solution if ASIO doesn't work. Direct Sound will also only allow limited features. It usually works fine for playing audio loops or MIDI files but doesn't allow live monitoring. This means you cannot hear what you are recording, you can only hear playback.

Merv5000 wrote on 8/28/2022, 4:03 PM

Thank you for your reply. When I select Music Maker ASIO, it displays "None". I can select all of the other available options without issue but cannot hear any instruments.

Is the Music Maker ASIO available as a separate download?

SP. wrote on 8/28/2022, 4:15 PM

@Merv5000 So, you select ASIO and the only option is "none"? This shouldn't be the case.

The other drivers will not allow you to listen to instruments while playing them. This is the way the Music Maker sound engine is developed. You need to get the ASIO driver working. Maybe you need to reinstall the program. Here is a link to a different thread. This is how it should look like.

https://www.magix.info/de/forum/i-can-t-stream-music-maker-itself--1304987/#ca1805525

Merv5000 wrote on 8/28/2022, 5:16 PM

When I select Music Maker ASIO, instead of displaying "Music Maker Asio", it displays "None". As you suggest, I will reinstall the program and see if that fixes the problem.

Thanks,

Merv5000 wrote on 8/28/2022, 5:43 PM

I completely uninstalled Music Maker, rebooted, reinstalled the program and I get the same results. Even though Music Maker Asio is listed, when I select it, it's displayed for a half a nano-second and then changes to None.

Merv5000 wrote on 8/28/2022, 9:49 PM

SP. wrote on 8/29/2022, 2:36 AM

@Merv5000 Thanks for the video. It is possible that the driver will currently not run on your system. I would suggest you tell the technical support about this problem.

https://www.magix.info/us/support/article/how-do-i-contact-technical-support--1513/

But as I can see, you also have Magix Low Latency 2016 and Realtek ASIO. Have you tried these drivers?