Feeling misled

Mark-Mackenzie wrote on 9/15/2021, 7:58 AM

I have been a long time user of acid music since the Sony days and had upgraded to Acid Music 11 last year, prior to buying Acid Pro 10 this year, specifically for the Stems creation, and nothing else (as I was happy with the other functionality of Acid Music for my needs). I already had stems creation software on my device but had run into problems with the beatmatcher wizard in Acid Music struggling to determine the same tempo for externally created stems, so when I knew your tool provided this functionality, with integrated beat matching / gridding I took the plunge and bought Pro. Now I have acid music and acid pro but pro does nothing extra that I need, now that the Stems functionality has been removed. I feel a little ripped off. Do you any suggestions?

Comments

emmrecs wrote on 9/15/2021, 8:25 AM

@Mark-Mackenzie

Welcome to the Magix user to user forums, so not a contact for any Magix staff and the software is not ours.

However, you are not alone in "expressing concern" about the removal of Stem Maker, apparently for licensing reasons. Other users recommend to use Spleeter as an alternative.

HTH

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

SP. wrote on 9/15/2021, 9:14 AM

@Mark-Mackenzie You can also use the free version with a GUI https://makenweb.com/SpleeterGUI

The stem quality is much better than what stem maker could do in the past.

It's also very likely that your other stem creation software you have mentioned was able to create better stems then stem maker would be able to do.

In my opinion, the best stem separation that is available at the moment is in Hit 'n Mix RipX DeepAudio which is far cleaner than what other tools like Audionamix Xtrax Stems, iZotope RX, Acon Digital Acoustica or base Spleeter can do. But this tool is expensive. There is much cheaper version called RipX DeepRemix but I don't know if it includes the high quality stem algorithms.

DeepAudio isolates drums very well in my tests, so I think that tempo detection should work much better with these stems.

So I would suggest you contact shop@magix.net or infoservice@magix.net and ask for a refund because the stem maker feature is missing and check out the other tools or the free Spleeter tool.