Comments

sheppo wrote on 3/18/2019, 5:11 PM

wouldn't it be a case of supporting ARA, which appears to be a plugin format, much like VST. There's not a lot of industry support for it right now, at least according to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Audio_Random_Access

DANADAX wrote on 3/18/2019, 10:35 PM

Reaper has it, so does Logic, Cubase is getting it soon, so will Nuendo, Studio One has it, and so does the latest Samplitude, version X3, I believe.

DANADAX wrote on 3/18/2019, 10:37 PM

If Reaper has it (the closest Acid-like DAW out there), why can’t Acid? If Samplitude has it (a DAW made by MAGIX, the same company that owns Acid!), why can’t Acid?

DANADAX wrote on 3/18/2019, 10:39 PM

7 DAWs currently support it, more DAWs are planning on it. Define “not a lot of industry support.”

CidBil wrote on 3/19/2019, 5:31 AM

I'd rather see the developers fix all the current issues in AP8 before tackling and implementing any new features. Seems to me that would be a more logical approach. Just my two cents...

Bo_Bogus wrote on 3/2/2021, 10:59 AM

I think one useful feature you should include would be the ability to randomize MIDI velocity and timing to humanize MIDI tracks. Also, reverb send channels would be convenient as well.

Former user wrote on 3/2/2021, 12:17 PM

Hey Bo, send channels are available and were there always. If I understand your request right, you setup an fx channel in the mixer and can control the FX send gain in the track. As far as Midi advancement, Magix is working on fixing the current bugs first as there are many. Midi isn't the strong point of Acid. Acid was always known for it's audio and loop handling but I am sure Midi will be, too in near future.