Faulty Playback When FX Are Applied (Acid Pro 8, Acid Pro 11)

LanceTheOmen wrote on 9/13/2022, 4:21 AM

*I have recently upgraded my laptop workstation and entertainment system from an HP Beats Laptop 2015 Model (AMD Quad Core Radeon 6 CPU, 1TB HD, 8 GB RAM) at which I was running Acid Pro 8 with no problems aside from a casual lag due to my project being too large.

My Laptop Crashed a couple of days ago.

*I upgraded to an HP OMEN 2022 Model ( i7 12700H, 1TB SSD, 16 GB RAM) and am having issues with the Playback of my Music with fX applied to the Audio tracks on my program.

I successfully transferred all of my files and re-routed everything into Acid Pro 8. I then would attempt to play my music project, and I could not get ACID to play my projects with my fX applied to my Audio tracks.
I found that if I select OPTIONS+Bypass Audio fX, that Acid will play all Audio Tracks without my fX applied, but again, Acid cannot play my project when the fX are on.

I decided yesterday to Upgrade to Acid 11, hoping that these bugs may have been worked out.

I paid to upgrade to Acid 11 and located my files in the new Acid Software.
Acid locates and opens all of my Projects, but again I have the same problem.

*Acid 11 will not play my projects with fX applied to the Audio tracks, but will play the project when I select OPTIONS+Bypass Audio fX.

On my older laptop I could apply multiple Acid fX to several audio tracks, and my playback could handle the load simultaneously. Often pairing a Paragraphic EQ and Chorus FX to each of my audio tracks, sometimes having applied these fX to around 15-20 Audio Tracks without a problem.

My new HP OMEN Laptop is much faster and much more powerful, and I can't imagine that these applied fX are too much for it to handle, being that my 2015 model was running Acid 8 with multiple fX to no problem.

Can someone please help me fix Acid Pro 11 so that it will run my Projects Audio Tracks with my fX applied, this is very important to mixing and mastering my music!

Thanks.
-Lance The Omen

Email:
Removed by moderator

Comments

sheppo wrote on 9/14/2022, 1:43 PM

Hi @LanceTheOmen - what do you mean by "I could not get ACID to play my projects with my fX applied to my Audio tracks". Specifically what happens? which FX are you using?

LanceTheOmen wrote on 9/14/2022, 2:20 PM

@sheppo
okay, I'm trying to explain that if I apply the 'Vegas Paragraphic EQ' fX to more than one Audio Track, then my Live playback will freeze, stutter and/or mute the Audio tracks in which the fX are applied.
If I go to and select OPTIONS+Bypass All Audio fX, my tracks will then play fine, but without the fX applied.

I know that this is a glitch/bug, because I used to use this fX effect on multiple Audio Tracks with Acid Pro 8 on my older laptop with no problem.

I'm looking further into my problem, and I'm finding that this may be only happening with the 'Vegas Paragraphic EQ', and I found that I could closely emulate that EQ with the Standard 'Vegas EQ', although it has less capabilities.

Ultimately I want to fix this bug, because I've used the 'Vegas Paragraphic EQ' on many of my projects in the past, which is a pretty big obstacle in having to re-apply and re-mix everything if I want to re-open and work on them again.

sheppo wrote on 9/15/2022, 3:50 AM

Hi @LanceTheOmen

This might be an incompatibility between the version of vegas you have installed. Acid Pro 11 comes with its own install of the same plugin, version 1.1.1.2200. You can see this information by opening the Plug-in manager, finding the plugin under DirectX -> "Paragraphic EQ" (Not Vegas Paragraphic EQ), right clicking and showing properties.

on a relatively clean install of Windows 11 with Acid Pro 11 installed this plugin is installed to "C:\Program Files (x86)\MAGIX\Shared Plug-Ins\Audio_x64\"

You might just need to swap to using Paragraphic EQ,from Vegas Paragraphic EQ

LanceTheOmen wrote on 9/15/2022, 6:55 AM

Right I actually tried my best to troubleshoot that by refreshing the plugins.

then I also tried to re-assign the plug-in as well, which did not work, I wouldn’t know how else to adjust that, but, I will say that I did not have the same problem with an assigned ‘Vegas Chorus’ effect, which adapted between computers and Acid editions just fine (Acid 8, Acid 11).

Vegas Chorus and Vegas EQ carried over just fine.

Vegas Paragraphic EQ is the one that will not apply to more than 1 Audio track without freezing the playback.