external synth modules connection

Scott-Whyley wrote on 4/14/2021, 9:18 AM

I am trying to trigger some synth modules, I can hear the sound of my modules triggered through my launchkey and am able to record midi note data onto magix however when playing back, this does not trigger my synth module/drum machine etc. sorry if I sound really stupid, I'm just very new to magix. thanks for any help and tips .

Comments

SP. wrote on 4/14/2021, 9:36 AM

@Scott-Whyley Have you selected the correct MIDI output device in the program settings?

Scott-Whyley wrote on 4/14/2021, 9:56 AM

yes that's set for my midi interface, the target chanel is greyed out though, also for some reason I am now unable to play virtual instruments using my midi keyboard. it is in not monitoring sound as such but is showing green midi indicator when a key is pressed.

SP. wrote on 4/14/2021, 10:11 AM

@Scott-Whyley For monitoring sound be sure to set your audio driver to ASIO or else you will not be able to hear something.

Scott-Whyley wrote on 4/14/2021, 10:15 AM

it is already set to ASIO, I can hear sounds but not when played via my keyboard anymore, or the onscreen keyboard

SP. wrote on 4/14/2021, 11:07 AM

@Scott-Whyley After changing the MIDI output? Are input and output the same? I don't know if this will create a MIDI feedback loop but it could be possible,

Scott-Whyley wrote on 4/14/2021, 11:37 AM

no for some reason I have not instruments now, all my virtual synths are showing but there is now no sound from them either

SP. wrote on 4/14/2021, 1:02 PM

@Scott-Whyley Please check that your audio outputs are enabled in case you use Magix Low Lantency as an ASIO driver. I use it on my laptop and have my Realtek audio chipset outputs enabled (speakers/headphones). In your case you need to activate the outputs you want to use for listening to your virtual synths.

Scott-Whyley wrote on 4/15/2021, 7:12 AM

@Scott-Whyley Please check that your audio outputs are enabled in case you use Magix Low Lantency as an ASIO driver. I use it on my laptop and have my Realtek audio chipset outputs enabled (speakers/headphones). In your case you need to activate the outputs you want to use for listening to your virtual synths.

Thankyou, still not able to get external modiles to play through midi, any ideas?

SP. wrote on 4/15/2021, 7:13 AM

@Scott-Whyley When you talk about synth modules are you talking about external hardware or software?

Scott-Whyley wrote on 4/15/2021, 7:16 AM

Hi, Sorry was talking about external synth modules, I hear them when played on external keyboard however wont play back on midi recorded playback

SP. wrote on 4/15/2021, 7:18 AM

@Scott-Whyley Have you selected a MIDI output device in the program settings of Music Maker and connected your external modules with a MIDI cable to the selected MIDI output device?

Scott-Whyley wrote on 4/15/2021, 7:22 AM

yes I connected to my launchkey, which plays the audio from my external modules but not triggered through magix playback after recording midi

SP. wrote on 4/15/2021, 8:42 AM

@Scott-Whyley So, you send your MIDI from Music Maker to your Launchkey(?) and then you want to trigger your external modules, that are connected to your Launchkey.(?) Please correct me if I understood that wrong.

External Modules <=> Launchkey <=> Music Maker

In this case you need to check if your keyboard has MIDI thru and sends the MIDI to your modules instead of blocking the MIDI.

Or you need to change the MIDI cables so that it looks like this:

Launchkey <=> Music Maker <=> External Modules