External Plugin VST Instruments

Ryan-Lester wrote on 7/4/2021, 7:55 AM

Windows 10 Home | | Version 1809

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4590T CPU @ 2.00GHz 2.00

Installed Ram 8.00 GB

System Type 64-bit Operating System, x64-based processor

Music Maker 64-bit Premium Edition

I am attempting to add an external VST instrument and use it on a a midi object, however I cannot get the instrument to make any sound. It seems the instrument has been successfully added, as I can pull up the instrument editor and can see the instrument in the plugin dropdown menu, just I cannot hear it, either in the program or after export.

https://gyazo.com/80b9025b205ce9885b037b4cfee6a7a2

I would like to know how I could get this VST to make sound. If any more information is needed, I'm happy to oblige.

Thank you for reading!

Comments

Graham-Hawker wrote on 7/4/2021, 8:20 AM

What is the instrument? I can see something labelled "labs" but I don't know what that is.

SP. wrote on 7/4/2021, 8:29 AM

@Graham-Hawker @Ryan-Lester Maybe Spitfire Labs? Anyway, you need to select an ASIO driver in the program settings or else you will not hear MIDI objects.

emmrecs wrote on 7/4/2021, 8:30 AM

@Ryan-Lester

I'm not sure what your screenshot is intended to show, nor exactly which version of MM you are running. The latest is MM 2022 (aka version 30) but the first 64 bit release was MM 2021 (aka version 29). Please tell us exactly which one you have.

I would also strongly recommend you edit that screenshot to remove or obscure your personal email address, posting of which to a public forum, like this one, is most definitely NOT recommended!

Yes, it is entirely possible to run third-party VSTs and VSTis in MM, I have several of both types that I use, but I suspect the problem you are experiencing may be down to the Audio driver type you are using. You need to ensure you are using an ASIO driver, either the supplied Magix Low Latency 2016 driver or, perhaps better, ASIO4All.

One other thought: according to your computer spec which you gave youa re actually running a build of Win 10 that is now rather old. Is there any reason why you have not updated to a more recent build?

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Samplitude Pro X7 Suite, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam