Comments

rraud wrote on 4/25/2022, 10:19 AM

Welcome to the Magix Sound Forge users community @SFUser.

Do you have the latest build of AS-16 (Build 39.. I think is the current build), though .. I do not recall an issue with prior builds.

I cannot duplicate that behavior. It worked as it should for me in "View> Instant Actions> Export> Regions"

Off hand, the only thing I can think of is try enabling "Always proxy lossy formats" in "Options> Preferences> General" if the timeline file is a MP3 or other data compressed format.

Otherwise, It has not been reported before (AFAIK), so I do not know if a 'reset' will help.

SFUser wrote on 4/25/2022, 10:42 AM

I have version 16.0 (Build 39) 64-bit

I can take the steps you outlined but no files are created, just "operation complete" popup.

rraud wrote on 4/25/2022, 10:58 AM

Confirm you have selected a folder destination (or use 'Make new folder' as the destination and note it's location.

Also confirm that Regions are Regions (Green) and not mistaken as 'Markers' (Red) which cannot be exported using the "Export" tools.

If they were created already, you could search for recently created PCM audio <.wav> files.

SFUser wrote on 4/25/2022, 1:37 PM

Confirming. Regions, not markers, and selecting all or one has same result. No files generated.

SFUser wrote on 4/25/2022, 2:13 PM

Update: Initially I was trying to export out of a SF project file. Saving the file as a wav and then exporting the regions works, although region names are not transferred to the files created. Disappointed that a product with the Sound Forge name doesn't provide such basic functionality.

rraud wrote on 4/25/2022, 6:09 PM

With Sound Forge Pro, there probably is a script for that. Or one could be written if it does not exist already.

There was a SF scripting forum in the SCS days, Maybe take a look at the Sony Sound Forge Scripting forum archives.