Exporting 4 track recording to 4 mono tracks

Richard-Holland wrote on 3/17/2024, 9:54 PM

Hello,

I am returning to audio editing to aid my musician 16 year old and have found that I have forgotten a whole lot of what I used to know. Used to be well versed in SF, now, not so much.

we recorded 4 channels as (apparently) one 4 track file. I want to export these into acid to mix. I can not seem to figure out how to individually select the track to cut and paste, or how to export them As individual files and feel like I am missing something painfully obvious.

Using SF 16 build 47 on PC

With appreciation!

RH

Comments

rraud wrote on 3/18/2024, 10:06 AM

Hi @Richard-Holland,
You could create a new mono file in Sound Forge and copy the track-1 waveform from the poly file and paste to the new mono file and repeat for tracks 2,3,4
However that may not be necessary, Acid 'may' be able to open the poly file with individual mono tracks. I am not very familiar with Acid, but Vegas Pro can do this. Sound Devices offers Wave Agent, a free utility for poly file tasks.

Richard-Holland wrote on 3/18/2024, 4:43 PM

Acid did not allow me to do that. I figured it out, what I was looking for (like a lost limb) was the way to unlock the tracks so that they could be edited or highlighted individually. After another hour of flailing I figured it out. The software has changed a whole lot since I last used it appx 10 years ago. Getting up to speed.