Evenly increase volume over multiple items

Tyler-Weymouth wrote on 1/1/2021, 5:52 PM

In my track I have a 2-bar high hat that I have copied/repeated across 32 bars. I want to incrementally increase volume across these high hat items from left to right, so that the high hat comes in gradually, softly at first and then gets to full volume by the end of the 32 bars. I am not sure how to do this, as the automation tool only does volume level adjustments for a single 2-bar high hat item - not across multiple items (in my case, high hats). Is there a way to do this? Somehow draw or drag a volume level line from lower-left to upper right across all of the high hats? Hopefully this makes sense. Thanks.

Comments

Mary-Randa wrote on 2/10/2021, 3:22 PM

If you hit the FX button on the track(s), you'll see a menu pop up. From there, at the bottom you should see automations for several things, such as; volume, panning, fx sends, and so on. The volume automation will be in green. If you select that, you'll get a green automation line on the track. From there, if you double click on the green line. Sometime this can be difficult because it wants you to be directly on the line. You'll notice that the cursor will change. The after you make your first point, make another point at the 32nd bar and you should be able to drag each point to where you want. This should help you out. I believe that you can create an automation line by selecting the cursor tool. These are the only ways I know how to do this. You'll need to create a Volume automation line for each track