Error when registering SN

Morgan-Parkinson wrote on 1/23/2022, 9:59 AM

Been using Sound Forge for 15 years.
Upgraded my Sound Forge 15 to a new laptop and when entering the SN (yes correctly) it gives an error 14.
Frustrated user.
Do I need to remove it and download again? Or is it because I purchased the Upgrade instead of the full version? If so how to remediate with company.

Comments

rraud wrote on 1/23/2022, 10:38 AM

Was the upgrade purchased from Magix?
You should not need to reinstall SF or uninstall the previous version. Your serial number and email address are paired. You must use the email address you used when the upgrade was purchased, or previously activated/registered. Once it is registered, you can change your email address in the Magix Service Center if so desired.
If all else fails, email Magix customer service at: shop@magix.net or infoservice@magix.net

btw, welcome to the Magix Sound Forge users community @Morgan-Parkinson.

Morgan-Parkinson wrote on 1/23/2022, 4:35 PM

Yes. I used the correct email associated with account, SN and it was purchased directly from Magix.

rraud wrote on 1/23/2022, 4:52 PM

In that case, I would first try a reset/clear cache in the files menu. If no joy there, then re-install prior to contacting Magix customer service.
Please update what transpires.

craig-d wrote on 1/24/2022, 3:45 AM

Error code -14 happens when: 1) the serial number given is valid, but intended for another program, or 2) the email address does not match the email address that the serial number is registered to. If you made a typo on the email address, this could be the cause. In any case, if you write the support team, they'll make sure you get into the program.