Comments

emmrecs wrote on 3/6/2022, 11:19 AM

@Joao-Franco

Welcome to the Magix user to user forums.

Please read the whole of this thread, which explains what this error code means and how to resolve it.

HTH

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

Joao-Franco wrote on 3/6/2022, 11:19 AM

This is after I try and Install Instruments. Very disappointing.

Joao-Franco wrote on 3/6/2022, 11:25 AM

@Joao-Franco

Welcome to the Magix user to user forums.

Please read the whole of this thread, which explains what this error code means and how to resolve it.

HTH

Jeff
Forum Moderator

That problem was not resolved in the Thread!! To keep it simple and not to waste my time: Is there actually a solution to the problem?

SP. wrote on 3/6/2022, 11:47 AM

@Joao-Franco Does it help if you run ACID Music Studio in Windows 8 compatibility mode and as administrator?

Uninstall the program completely with Revo Uninstaller which also deletes the leftover registry entries. Then reinstall it and try again. If this doesn't help then try on anther computer. If it works on another computer there is definitely something wrong in your Windows configuration and it's not the fault of ACID. It could take forever to find the cause of what's wrong. I think it world be easier to just reinstall Windows 10 from scratch, with the correct up to date drivers (a tool like Snappy Driver Installer is very helpful to do this) and the newest patches. You also should give your user account admin privileges from the beginning.

Joao-Franco wrote on 3/6/2022, 12:13 PM

No, It doesn't help and I did clean my registry also since your software does leave entries behind when its uninstalled. I think its related to project registration since I can start it again If I check the ¨remove from this computer option'. Maybe that helps you finding the issue.

Ill try and put this in a nice way: I'm not reinstalling Windows because everything else works fine on my PC other than this software. I am now uninstalling the software. If you have a solution for it or you fix it in a new version then please post it here or email me and I'll give it another go.

Joao-Franco wrote on 3/6/2022, 12:41 PM

Well, I did have another go at it and its fixed now. I signed in for trial, updated the program and then run it as admin when I registered. Its running fine now and doesn't need to be run in admin mode. I suspect you need to run it as admin when you register your SN but I cant be sure. Ill post this in the other thread as well because there will be more people with the same problem.