Error Message when starting the program

marwan-a wrote on 6/12/2021, 8:47 AM

Hello,

I have a desktop computer, 2.20 GHz processor, 1 GB Ram, windows 7, 32-bit operating system.

I installed Magix Sound Force pro 14.

When I open the application, a message appear- like in this image:

The program will not start until I press (Abort scan for this technology) twice.

How can I solve this problem?

Thanks.

Comments

rraud wrote on 6/12/2021, 10:03 AM

Welcome to the Magix Sound Forge users forum @marwan-a.

Try disabling the VST scan all together, if your not installing any new VST plug-ins.There are a multiple ways to do this.

Or.. you will need to identify the offender and move or delete that particular <.dll> file.
Start by moving all the VSTs files to a temporary (non-VST) folder and add the <.dll> VST files back in (alphabetically) to narrow it down to find the offender, which can be an arduous process.

marwan-a wrote on 6/12/2021, 10:16 AM

Thanks rraud for your respose:

Sorry, I didn't understand.

I'm a beginner in using sound forge pro.

So, I need steps to resolve this problem.

rraud wrote on 6/12/2021, 12:21 PM

The easiest/safest way (IMO) is to bypass the VST search upon launch of existing VST plug-ins
- Right-click on the application's shortcut launch icon.
- Select 'Properties'
- Add the following command outside of the quotes in the Target field: /NOVSTGROVEL
- Select Apply and OK... be sure to include a space between the last quote and the beginning of the command line like this: ("C:\Program Files\SOUND FORGE\SOUND FORGE Pro 14.0\Forge140.exe" /NOVSTGROVEL)

If you install new VSTs you will need to launch SFP directly from the program files <.exe> file. If you wish to disable the VST search globally, that setting is in the hidden 'Internal' menu.. which like the Windows OS registry, inexperienced folks should not fork with.

Finding the offending individual VST should be self-explanatory in my previous comment.