Error message now appearing in record function. "The Wave Shape Device

David-Sokolowski wrote on 6/16/2021, 9:57 AM

Have used Magix Audio Cleaning Lab MX 18.0.1.12 for years with great results. Now getting a error message: The Wave Shape Device, "Microsoft Sound Mapper" cannot record this format, Undefined External Error. I tried updating all drivers, uninstalled sound drivers and downloaded new version of Realtek package. No help, still get message. I downloaded a package from NCH software called "Sound Tap" and it records internet music fine. Can't figure out what's now wrong with Magic not being able to record. Both the playback and record features in sound mix Realtek is showing on and marked as default. Confused!

Comments

David-Sokolowski wrote on 6/17/2021, 9:23 PM

Hi, just a follow-up to my above post. I found the Magix Auto Cleaning Lab was effected by a setting change some how, possibly from a Microsoft up-date recently. The microphone setting in: "Settings/Privacy/Microphone" was turned off. I turned it back on, clicked on allowing it to access my Apps and was shocked it caused my record feature in sound manager to work again. I opened a music website, opened Magix Auto Cleaning and started a record function. Works great now. Don't know why the microphone function in Win 10 Pro caused this problem. But, glad to have Magix back up and running as it use to.