error code -59

James-Hollingsworth wrote on 9/10/2022, 5:07 PM

acid pro was working fine then two days later it won't open and I have error code -59. I tried to uninstall and then reinstall however it won't let me uninstall and instead gives me this message - "there is a problem with this windows installer package. a .DLL is required for this to install to complete could not be run. contact yoru support personnel or package vendor."

So I reinstalled over the top and still get this error code -59 and I am unable to uninstall acid pro from my system. My acid pro 7 runs fine. My soundforge 10 runs fine. My Vegas 12 runs fine. Acid pro 11 did run fine, then just stopped working.

When it was working I noticed the zoom has changed so that it zooms to where the mouse is rather than the timeline marker which is annoying because you can't hover the mouse over the start because the icon changes so that you can drag or resize the track list. .So far not impressed. Ok so side chain has been added or could just carry on using lfo tool to create pulsing compressions...

what is the point to this upgrade and how can it be fixed.

Comments

SP. wrote on 9/11/2022, 1:12 AM

@James-Hollingsworth It might help if you install the 32 bit and 64 bit C++ Redistributables from Microsoft, especially version 2013 and 2015-2022.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/cpp/windows/latest-supported-vc-redist?view=msvc-170

James-Hollingsworth wrote on 9/14/2022, 3:28 AM

it already had the latest redistributables before windows did some update while i was asleep!. acid pro 11 was working fine then windows 10 updated without my permission as i woke up to find my pc had been reset then acid pro 11 not working anymore with error 59.. and won't let me uninstall and reinstall its stuck on pc! says a dll. is missing.not happy considering i had to get a new pc with windows 10 to run this latest version of acid pro 11 as it wouldn't work on my windows 7 machine...i don't see whats the problem.. compatible operating system with all the microsoft visual C++ redistributables 2005, 2008, 2013, 2015, it was working fine, then stopped working after windows 10 did an update, even though i turned those off it did it without my permission. imagine if bill gates bought a new car, then the manafactuer "updated" the brakes while he was asleep, but actually it just made them stop working..really not happy having to use windows 10 to run acid pro 11.. never had any issues with acid pro 7 on windows 7 or windows 10. and most the vst3 64bit plugins which you need acid pro 10 or 11 for are just remakes of plugins which are already available as 32 bit so not sure the cost of new pc and windows 10 is worth it, just extra hassle for something that i prob don't need. its a brand new pc and the only thing installed is music software and plugins. my copy of cubase also stopped working and now has missing files and needed to be reinstalled after the windows so called update but with acid pro it won't even let me uninstall it because it reckons a .dll file is missing even though everything was working fine before i found my pc been "updated" without my persmission while i was asleep. I tried to reinstall, modify or repair acid pro 11 and still comes up with the error about missing .dll file when i try to uninstall and reinstall and comes up with error -59 when i try to launch it ... pc is up to date , supposedly.. everything was working .. never had issues like this with acid pro 7 or windows 7..

James-Hollingsworth wrote on 9/14/2022, 3:42 AM

acid pro 11 says "contact your support personnel or package vendor" so that brings me here with the assumption the problem is with acid pro 11 not windows 10.. although it was after the windows 10 automatic update, it stopped working. I don't even want the pc connected to internet to prevent windows from updating itself but i had to connect to activate acid pro 11. everything was working fine then woke up and found computer had been reset with and message on screen saying windows 10 has been updated.. then acid pro 11 just stopped working. it was working fine before.

James-Hollingsworth wrote on 9/14/2022, 4:12 AM

thank you that is just what I need. also worth mentioning other programs are able to uninstall. I did try to see if it was all programs or just acid pro 11 but its just acid pro 11 that won't let me so hopefully this will work, as I am fairly sure a fresh install after the windows updates will fix the error 59 problem. if this doesn't work, i will force uninstall from the command line! I just wanted to see if there was a known solution for this issue first before uninstalling and reinstalling and also thought it would be useful to reporting any bugs or crashes or potential issues. will let you know the outcome once i have managed to uninstall and reinstall.. it would be useful to have latest plugins. the new side chain feature that was added in acid pro 10 saves so much time and messing about but there is work arounds for acid pro 7 which i have been using up till now but really want to try latest version now as much more plugins compatible with latest versions. so far so good. that program has removed acid pro 11 with the tool you gave me in short time it has taken to write this! so will reinstall now and let you know the outcome and hopefully error 59 code will be gone with fresh install.