Error Code 14, and Reinstall not working

Alex-Moreno wrote on 9/18/2021, 1:18 PM

Hi,

I have tried to install, and use my access code to use Sound Forge Pro, and so far no luck. I have tried Sound Forge Pro 14 ( as i bought this in June of 2021). Sound Forge Pro 15, reinstalled. and I have tried Sound Forge Studio as well. They all give me error code -14, and am unable to trigger it. Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

rraud wrote on 9/18/2021, 5:31 PM

Each version of Sound Forge has a unique serial code, so for instance, a serial for SFP-15 is not usable on SFP-14 or visa-versa.. even if you own both (the same applies to Audio Studio) . You must also use the email address that was used when it was originally registered, The serial code and your email address are paired.

btw, welcome to the Magix Sound Forge community @Alex-Moreno.

Alex-Moreno wrote on 9/18/2021, 5:54 PM

Yeah I did.

Originally i got Vegas Pro 365. which came w/ sound forge. i put the activation code, and my email in, and just gives error 14-. vegas pro works fine. sound forge does not. ive also tried re-installing and installing again.

emmrecs wrote on 9/19/2021, 9:03 AM

@Alex-Moreno

Sound Forge and Vegas Pro do not share a serial number. Each has its own individual one.

You need to check the email which you should have received confirming your purchase of the two softwares and find the correct serial number for SF.

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

Alex-Moreno wrote on 9/19/2021, 10:31 AM

@Andy-Ezell Yeah, no duh. I see the individual serial numbers for each INDIVIDUAL product. the INDIVIDUAL product number for sound forge is not working.

The email I received from MAGIX contains INDIVIDUAL product numbers for each INDIVIDUAL product that came with vegas pro. I have tried it already.

Jesus christ. What i was hoping for was a reset for this INDIVIDUAL Product Number ID. meaning cancelling the old product number, and re-generating a new one. but i guess I am asking for to much.

emmrecs wrote on 9/20/2021, 3:51 AM

@Alex-Moreno

Thank you for the additional information, none of which was obvious from your original post.

These are user to user forums, so not a contact for any Magix staff. You need to email infoservice@magix.net and request their help with this problem.

Jeff

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam