Effects on the samples from the soundpools

Dennis- wrote on 7/23/2024, 7:15 PM

After browsing the soundpools, I have found many samples wih reverb, chorus, flanger and other effects pre-applied.

Why on earth are the samples delivered with effects applied?

I cant remove the pre-applied effects.

I have trouble with applying custom effects, eg. chorus on samples with chorus.

The samples should have been delivered "flat" so the users can apply custom effects.

It is just me, or is there a work around? 80% of the samples are unuseable because of this.

Comments

SP. wrote on 7/23/2024, 10:33 PM

@Dennis- A workaround would be to use something like Zynaptiq Unveil and Unfilter on the loops to remove certain effects.

Or maybe use a sampler VST to modify the loops. There are special VSTs made for this, like Big Fish Audio Momentum, which is free.

Besides that, the way the loops are premixed is the same way it is done over the last 30 years.

The idea is that you only need to combine them to make your own composition, not needing to care for any additional effects.

Of course, this might be a problem if you already have more knowledge about music production and want to do everything yourself from scratch.

These are not dry samples. For dry samples you can use virtual instruments like the Vita Instruments. But then you need to compose everything yourself. .