Edit sound in video

Per-Nygrds wrote on 7/18/2024, 1:41 AM

Hi, I am asking this to find right product. I usually film concerts and I need a software to clean the sound with to get it as good as it can get. Especially when the sound image gets to loud so the sound cracks. Is there any product that could help out with that, to lower/remove completely the bad sound and clean it? Like when the bas drum punch throuch so the sound cracks?

Thanks in advance

Comments

emmrecs wrote on 7/18/2024, 9:27 AM

@Per-Nygrds

Exactly which Magix software do you own? With this information it may be possible to suggest other software, or possibly VST plugins that you could use to help improve the audio of your concert recordings.

BUT, you need to understand that problems like the sound cracking are almost certainly impossible to solve because the "error" (severe distortion) is already hard-baked into your audio file. It may be possible to reduce the cracking effect but in my experience you cannot totally remove it.

The real solution is to ensure that the original recording is free from such artefacts! (Which opens up a whole different set of considerations for you when recording a concert, perhaps the most important of which are: how close to the stage are you when recording, and what intensity (level) of sound is "too much" for your microphone?

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam