Echo when I open and arm Sound Forge

Jay-Armsworthy wrote on 3/2/2021, 4:51 PM

I have been having audio issues for several weeks and I can not seem to find any one who can solve my issue, including Microsoft and Dell.

I recently purchased a new Dell with Windows 10. I purchased and downloaded Sony Sound Forge Audio Studio Version 14. I have not been able to use it and I have had it for over a month. I host an online streaming music program. My purpose for Sound Forge is included into the following sceniaro:

I have a 2 channel Denon mixer with 2 CD players and 1 mic going into it. I have an RCA cable coming out of the mixer going into an input on my Dell Computer. All the sound that comes through these 3 items are being recorded in Sony Sound Forge. I also have open a software called Rocket Broadcaster that connects and sends the audio signal to the internet station that hosts my program. Occasionally, I have open either Windows Media Player or Winamp Media Player where I can play mp3 files from these programs which is being broadcasted through the Rocket Broadcaster and recorded on Sound Forge. I also have open MS Word to create a text document and either Chrome or Edge browser open to Facebook to communicate with my listeners.

My biggest issue is getting all of these audio devices to sync together. Self diagnostic, online diagnostic, sharing assists, Microsoft Tech Support, Dell Tech Support, checking, unchecking, and downloading drivers, etc. Nothing or no-one have been able to assist me. The closest resolution that I have come to is audio coming through Sound Forge, but it there is a annoying echo and reverb when I arm Sound Forge. As soon as I dis arm the program, the sound that I am playing goes back to normal. When i play a file in Winamp and arm Sound Forge the sound does not change. On the Rocket Broadcaster's volume mixer, the master channel that indicates that my sound is streaming does not read a signal, but the channel for the incoming signal is reading.

So in sum: in Sound Forge I need to get rid of the echo, in the Rocket Broadcaster, I need to get the master volume signal to show that it is streaming.

I used to use an older Dell and version 10 of Sound Forge and did not have any of these issues. When you stump Dell and Microsoft, I don't know where else to turn.

Please advise.......

Thank you,

Jay

Comments

Walter.I wrote on 3/3/2021, 4:02 AM

I have not read your whole post in detail now - but maybe this thread helps you further:
https://www.magix.info/de/forum/reverberation--1268360/#ca1643432

CPU: Intel i9-9900KS 4GHz, (UHD Graphics 630,)
MB: ASUS TUF Z390-PLUS Gaming,
MEM.: 32 GB Ram, DDR4-3200
GPU: Nvidia GTX 1660 SUPER,
Storage: SSD 970 EVO Plus 500GB M.2, SSD 860 EVO Series 1TB, Toshiba 3TB SATA,
Soundforge Pro 14, Build 111

condex wrote on 3/3/2021, 6:03 AM

Does 'echo' mean feedback? Check View/Record Options/Monitor (field). Is it on or off? If it is on, turn it off which stops your audio system 'listening' to your recording - 'on' can result in feedback.

rraud wrote on 3/3/2021, 10:15 AM

By the description, it 'sounds like' the record monitor loop. As @condex stated, set the Record Options/Monitor option to Off or Auto.

Other than that, Dell PC's audio is inherently quirky.

Jay-Armsworthy wrote on 3/4/2021, 12:45 PM

Thank you for all of your suggestions. I've tried every one and the issue still happens. But when I turn the monitor to off or auto there is no audio at all. There are no levels. I even shut down the program and launched it. I turned the monitor on again and I got the levels. A better description to my issue would be a delay. I just recently tried to record the signal to see if the double sounds that I'm hearing would be recorded, but, the program locked up and stopped. I can't stop, or close out the program. Anything I click on will not close it out. I'm going to have to go to the "Task Manager" to close it. And that closed the program.

Jay-Armsworthy wrote on 3/4/2021, 12:49 PM

Addition to the above post. I opened Sound Forge again and tried to record. I played it back and the delay (double sounds) are not there in the playback. But, it locked up again when I tried record again. Now I don't understand why it continues to lock up. So now I have 2 issues.