East West Opus don't play.

Jesnie wrote on 6/12/2023, 6:56 AM

Hi there,

I have some issues with my Samplitude Pro X5, and Opus. When I choose an. Instrument in Opus, and do what I now do, and the save the project, and reload it, the Opus instruments don't play any sound.

I can open the plugin, and remove the instrument, and then reselect it, and then the sound is back.

I have been in contact with EW support, but they can't help me any further since Samplitude is not a program they officially support.

Can any of you kind people help me?

Comments

SP. wrote on 6/12/2023, 7:11 AM

@Jesnie One idea is to freeze the track before saving and unfreezing the track after loading. Next idea is to try the VST2 version of the plugin in case you currently use the VST3 and vice versa.

Jesnie wrote on 6/12/2023, 9:18 AM

@SP. Thank you. I will try freezing the tracks first. See if that does it.

Jesnie wrote on 6/12/2023, 12:56 PM

@SP. So i froze a track, saved the project, restarted samplitude, and the VST plays fine. But only whiles its frozen. if i unfreeze it, the sound disappears.
It's rather strange. lso tried the VST2, but i get the same problem. I think it might be something about how the data from the Opus plugin is saved, and then it cant read it right.

SP. wrote on 6/12/2023, 1:27 PM

@Jesnie Ok, that's a pity that didn't work. I'm pretty sure that the state doesn't get saved correctly. This might happen, depending on the plugin.

The only other thing I can recommend is trying the a VST like Independence, PluginGuru Unify or New Sonic Arts Freestyle or Plogue Bidule. Load the plugin as a VST in Samplitude, than load Opus as a VST inside the plugin. Save the project and reload it. Hopefully the settings will be restored correctly.

Independence is included in Samplitude. Copy the DLL of the VST2 version of the East West Opus player into the directory

C:\ProgramData\MAGIX\Independence\VST Plug-Ins

After placing your VST plugins there you can load Independence onto a track and then load Opus inside Independence as an instrument layer.

Freestyle offers a free demo version, which is fully featured except for preset saving. But you don't want to save a preset, only recall the settings after loading the project. This might be worth a try.

Unify demo will not save your settings with your project file, so you cannot test it.

Bidule demo is only available as a standalone application.