drumloops robota

tractortom wrote on 7/21/2008, 4:20 PM
Ive got samplitude 14 and can't get seamless loops with robota, tried snap, tried copying and pasting, tried build loop object, it's always glitchy. Any advice?

Tom
Thanks ralftaro i have done this, and sometimes its ok others it is not.  My problem comes when i want to go from one loop to another ie different drum patterns within a song. I had to reply like this as i couldn't work out any other wat to reply hope you see this.

cheers

tom

Comments

ralftaro wrote on 7/22/2008, 4:19 AM
Hi there,

A Robota object is automatically a loopable object right after you create it. No further action required. You can extend it over more bars by holding down your left mouse button on the little handle in the lower right-hand corner of the Robota loop and dragging it to the right side. This way, you should be able to avoid all potential problems with the loop not playing seamlessly.

I hope this helps!
ralftaro wrote on 8/1/2008, 11:37 AM
Hi again Tom,

Thanks for the more detailed explanation. I see where you're coming from now.

If you're forced to combine separate Robota objects because you want to change between the drum patterns, I would very much recommend to turn on the snapping. You can do this via the "Snap to grid" command in the "View" menu or the little magnet icon from the tool bar. By default, this will also make objects snap together. Of course, this only works for you if the Robota objects in question haven't been manipulated after creation so that they're not ending with the actual end of the bar anymore. In this case, they would snap together, but the seamless replay still wouldn't work out properly.

There's another option in the "View" menu where you can properly configure the grids and snapping behavior.

Hope this is what you are looking for.