Drum pad Synthesiser?

David-Pook wrote on 1/13/2022, 1:41 PM

I need your help!!!

I think I want to get a drum pad, but not sure what exactly I am after. Let me give you an idea........

I would like to use pads to create some beats. Mainly I guess for drum beats, but also want to use the pads for strings, to beat out a string sound melody, that kind of thing. If i can use the pads for drums and strings, I am assuming I can also use any other instrument.

Firstly,... is there such a thing, if so, what would you recommend? I would like the pads to be sensitive as I don't want to hammer them to death and cause pain in my fingers.

I have looked and can't seem to find exactly what i am after, but perhaps I am googling or looking for the wrong thing?

I am very much an amateur so I would like something quite simple to setup and ideally be able to use it in conjunction with Music Maker.

Thanks for any help 😃

Comments

Graham-Hawker wrote on 1/14/2022, 2:25 AM

There are many midi controllers with pads for making beats with drum samples or drum synths. They can also play melodies although the more pads the better. There are also standalone hardware like the Akai MPC series which have a sampler and sequencer with pads. Some MPC models are designed for midi control instead. There is a MAGIX Music Maker 2022 Beat Box Edition available in Europe which includes the Novation Launchpad.