Downloading from the cloud

Howard18 wrote on 12/15/2021, 5:23 PM

Purchased Photo Manager a few hours ago.

I purchased the product because I wanted to download my 30000+ photos from One Drive.

Just realised that you do not seem to support One Drive, only Google. It is a bit disingenous to advertise that function when you support only one type of cloud storage. Waste of money.

Comments

emmrecs wrote on 12/16/2021, 8:04 AM

@Howard18

Welcome to the Magix user to user forums, so not any contact for any Magix staff and the software is not ours.

I can't offer any help to you with this problem because I don't use OneDrive, sorry. But I would guess that, since you say you want to download my 30000+ photos, If you mean that literally (i.e. you want to have them on your local computer) then you could set up and designate a folder on your hard drive(s) where they could be downloaded to. Once that is completed PM could easily index them all. After all, it is essentially and solely a "database" program, storing details of where each photo is saved on your computer; in and of itself it does NOT "save" those photos anywhere.

HTH

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

Howard18 wrote on 12/16/2021, 9:31 AM

Thanks for that Jeff. Yes, you are quite correct. I could download them to a new folder but the point I was trying to make is that it is disingenous of Magix to advertise the product as being able to download from the cloud when there is only one 'cloud' they are linked to. I link to Microsoft, but of course there is Amazon and others. I stick by my comments.

Regards Howard18

johnebaker wrote on 12/16/2021, 12:58 PM

@Howard18

Hi

Cloud import is a seperate program that can be launched from within Magix products - for some reason this does not always work as it should.

You can launch Cloud Import manually and independantly of Photo manager.

The program should, by default, be running and showing in the System tray as Update Notifier - click the icon indicated by the red arrow and right click the icon indicated by the yellow arrow, see image below, and select Display.

The Cloud Import dialog has 2 options for Cloud import as shown below.

Does your Cloud Import show only Google Drive? If so what is the version number of Cloud Import as shwn when you click th Aout icon.

HTH

John EB
Forum Moderator

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

Howard18 wrote on 12/16/2021, 3:17 PM

Thanks for that John.

Cannot see the button you described in the system tray. Noted below are the icons in the bottom tray: (LEFT

TO RIGHT)

OPTIMISE

KEYBOARD SHORTCUT

KEYBOARD SHORTCUT

DELETE SELECTED FILES

DELETE PREVIOUS FILES

SELECT PREVIOUS FILES

SELECT NEXT FILE

ZOOM OUT - IN

SHARPEN DISPLAY

SHARPEN SETTINGS

There is no update notifier.

There is something wrong somewhere.

Many thanks for your time. Howard

emmrecs wrote on 12/17/2021, 4:01 AM

@Howard18

Please look again at the first image John showed you with Photo Manager closed.  See the red arrow and exactly where it is pointing, (the "up-arrow") click on it and find that Update Notifier icon. Click on it and Update Notifier will open (albeit with an initial page in German!) but down its left hand edge will be Cloud Import. Click on this!

I've just tested this on my machine and when I do so I see the options that John shows, which clearly include OneDrive.

Jeff

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

Howard18 wrote on 12/17/2021, 3:26 PM

Thanks for that Jeff.

My fault totally. I should have had my glasses.

Having said that there is only one hidden icon. This reads "Magix network sync"

This button then opens a box showing "Cloud Import"

All the information after that is in German.

After about the 5th attempt a box came up with Google or Microsoft cloud import.

Chose about 50 pictures to download to my laptop with a new folder- Magix.

Waited 5 minutes to check for receipt of pictures from One Drive. Nothing imported. Could be my fault.

Went back to Magix and opened the cloud import - still just showing Google.

Gave up at that point. Nothing lost nothing gained.

The version number of the standalone program is: 0.0.0.34

Just not worth the effort.

Thanks for your help - Howard18

johnebaker wrote on 12/18/2021, 4:19 AM

@Howard18

Hi

. . . . Magix network sync . . . .

From the name alone this is an old version of Magix Cloud which has been known by several names over the years, the version number, 0.0.0.34, confirms the age of the program - the current version is 3.0.0.57.

You may be able to change the language settings as shown below - this is from the latest version, Network Sync is very similar.

Have other Magix software installed?

John EB

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

Howard18 wrote on 12/18/2021, 5:23 AM

Hi John

Considering I only paid for and downloaded the program last Wednesday from the Magix site, it just goes to show the level of employee support that Magix provides. Not a word. Very, very poor. Lesson learned.

emmrecs wrote on 12/18/2021, 7:54 AM

@Howard18

it just goes to show the level of employee support that Magix provides. Not a word. Very, very poor. Lesson learned.

As previously advised these are user to user forums. Support from Magix Support staff is via a ticket system. Have you actually created a Support ticket about your problem? If not, you can start to do so from this page. Just make sure that, wherever the option is offered, you click on "Ask Support".

HTH

Jeff

Howard18 wrote on 12/18/2021, 9:10 AM

So Jeff, you are acting as unpaid technical support for Magix.

Considering that the program was only downloaded earlier this week what on earth are Magix doing in not providing the latest program from their website. Magix should at the very least be monitoring these queries.It does Magix no favours.

Lastly, I would refer to my original post on the 15h.December.

Many, many thanks - Howard18