downloading

james-wisner wrote on 3/31/2021, 4:48 PM

So I have gotten this much downloaded in Windows 10.I got an Acid pro suite 10.dlm image and when I go to imstall it it says it failed .,to check my internet conection or with my system administrator which I am. what is the problem?

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363
Other OS Description  Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name DESKTOP-xxxxx
System Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
System Model To be filled by O.E.M.
System Type x64-based PC
System SKU To be filled by O.E.M.
Processor AMD FX(tm)-6100 Six-Core Processor, 3300 Mhz, 3 Core(s), 6 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. F5, 8/6/2013
SMBIOS Version 2.7
Embedded Controller Version 255.255
BIOS Mode UEFI
BaseBoard Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
BaseBoard Product 970A-D3P
BaseBoard Version x.x
Platform Role Desktop
Secure Boot State Unsupported
PCR7 Configuration Binding Not Possible
Windows Directory C:\Windows
System Directory C:\Windows\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Locale United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "10.0.18362.387"
User Name DESKTOP-DLJN494\the Loving One
Time Zone Pacific Daylight Time
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 16.0 GB
Total Physical Memory 16.0 GB
Available Physical Memory 12.9 GB
Total Virtual Memory 18.8 GB
Available Virtual Memory 15.8 GB
Page File Space 2.88 GB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys
Kernel DMA Protection Off
Virtualization-based security Not enabled
Device Encryption Support Reasons for failed automatic device encryption: TPM is not usable, PCR7 binding is not supported, Hardware Security Test Interface failed and device is not Modern Standby, Un-allowed DMA capable bus/device(s) detected, TPM is not usable
Hyper-V - VM Monitor Mode Extensions Yes
Hyper-V - Second Level Address Translation Extensions Yes
Hyper-V - Virtualization Enabled in Firmware Yes
Hyper-V - Data Execution Protection Yes

Comments

PATIENT-X wrote on 3/31/2021, 5:09 PM

@james-wisner

Hello, Welcome to the forum

Update: My apologies, I see you have a DESKTOP I have removed I.D for security reasons.

Did you try disabling AV software including Windows firewall and defender when installing.?

Forum Moderator

Last changed by PATIENT-X on 3/31/2021, 6:16 PM, changed a total of 8 times.

Pc self build by me.

Azza Pyramid 804 case

Intel Core i5-13600K Processor 3.5GHz

Kingston FURY Beast 32GB (16GB x 2) 4800MHz DDR5

Geforce RTX2080 Founders edition

Firecuda 530 1tb SSD Nvme

Team Group T-FORCE DELTA MAX RGB LITE 2.5" 1TB SATA III

Corsair RM1000x 80 PLUS Gold Fully Modular ATX 1000 Watt Power Supply

5in LCD Screen

Lian Li UNI SL120 V2 triple fans

MSI Meg Unify Z690 motherboard

emmrecs wrote on 4/1/2021, 3:58 AM

@james-wisner

Just to add a little more: the file you downloaded with the suffix .dlm is the Download Manager not the App image.

Essentially its purpose is to "manage" for you the downloading to your computer of all files needed for the installation. The fact that you receive the particular error message does strongly suggest that either your AV and/or Firewall is blocking access to the Magix servers or required access to specific locations on your computer is being similarly blocked.

Which AV/Firewall are you running? You need to ensure that full access to the download servers and to install locations is explicitly granted in its/their settings.

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

james-wisner wrote on 4/3/2021, 4:42 AM

Hello yes of courde I turned off windows defender which is the only software to prevent download,I installed a new clean version of windows 10 just for acid downloadso whats up or how do you contacy Magix about walking me through it,I mean damn i paid 200 dollars.

emmrecs wrote on 4/3/2021, 5:08 AM

@james-wisner

There is no way to contact Magix about walking me through it if you mean you wish to talk directly to someone. All support is via a ticket system. You can create one via this page.

I admit I'm slightly clutching at straws to try and help you but, looking again at your question, I see you are running the 1909 version of Win 10. Is there any reason why you have not updated to one of the 2020 versions, either 2004 or the current 20H2?

Jeff

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

PATIENT-X wrote on 4/3/2021, 5:42 AM

@james-wisner

TPM is not usable, PCR7 binding is not supported, Hardware Security Test Interface failed and device is not Modern Standby, Un-allowed DMA capable bus/device(s) detected, TPM is not usable............

Many devices that run Windows 10 have Trusted Platform Module (TPM) chipsets. There's a security vulnerability in certain TPM chipsets that can affect operating system security, which means Windows 10 operating systems are at an increased risk.

@emmrecs mentioned Windows updates.

Hence you may need to update Windows security updates.

Did you disable or apply settings to your firewall when installing Acid Pro as mentioned below?

@emmrecs mentioned "You need to ensure that full access to the download servers and to install locations is explicitly granted in its/their settings"

Forum Moderator 

Last changed by PATIENT-X on 4/3/2021, 6:18 AM, changed a total of 4 times.

Pc self build by me.

Azza Pyramid 804 case

Intel Core i5-13600K Processor 3.5GHz

Kingston FURY Beast 32GB (16GB x 2) 4800MHz DDR5

Geforce RTX2080 Founders edition

Firecuda 530 1tb SSD Nvme

Team Group T-FORCE DELTA MAX RGB LITE 2.5" 1TB SATA III

Corsair RM1000x 80 PLUS Gold Fully Modular ATX 1000 Watt Power Supply

5in LCD Screen

Lian Li UNI SL120 V2 triple fans

MSI Meg Unify Z690 motherboard