Download royalty free license.

Eduard-vandenBerg wrote on 12/14/2023, 7:47 AM

I am uploading a song to Spotify via DittoMusic. According to them there is an issue with copyright and I need to send them evidence that the used loops are royalty free. I looked everywhere but can't find anything but producerplanet.com which is not a license I can send. Can someone please point me into the right direction?

Comments

SP. wrote on 12/14/2023, 7:52 AM

@Eduard-vandenBerg Send them your order confirmation e-mail that proves you bought the commercial license and then send them the commercial license from here: https://producerplanet.com/pdf/royalty-free-commercial-license-en.pdf

Eduard-vandenBerg wrote on 12/14/2023, 7:58 AM

@SP. Okay, I did that. I hope they will accept it. Thanks for your reply!

browj2 wrote on 12/14/2023, 8:50 AM

@Eduard-vandenBerg

Hi,

All Soundpools and their loops from Magix are Royalty Free. It says this almost everywhere that you look - on Producer Planet and in the Music Maker Store. What you need is the Commercial License for commercial use. Read this.

As @SP. indicated, send in your order confirmation etc. If it does not indicate specifically that the loops are Royalty Free, then send in the details of the licenses as per the above link.

What is not properly explained in the above link, is the Commercial (Standard) license. They don't specifically say that the content is Royalty Free, but they should because it is. The license just has limitations, but paying royalties is not one of them. That said, I didn't notice anywhere that one could purchase this license for any Soundpools, but I didn't look everywhere.

Normally, on Producer Planet and in Music Maker Store, you can purchase what is indicated as Non-Commercial or Commercial(Royalty Free).

On Producer Planet:

In the Store:

John CB

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2025 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos

SP. wrote on 12/14/2023, 9:54 AM

@browj2 Commercial (Standard) is for premade Songs.

johnebaker wrote on 12/14/2023, 10:13 AM

@Eduard-vandenBerg

Hi

In addition to the licensing conditions linked to by @SP. and @browj2:

There is an added problem that may arise with some entity, individual, agent or agency claiming exclusive copyright to use a specific soundpool loop(s).

If you do get this, refer them to the Terms and Conditions of the Commercial licence, in particular to this line, in the section headed Granting of rights:

. . . The provider grants the customer a nonexclusive, nontransferable right, unrestricted in terms of location or time to the private and noncommercial use of the content. . . .

No one, whether an entity, individual, agent or agency, who has purchased Soundpools has exclusive rights to the loops purchased and if they try to claim this they are breaking the Terms and Conditions of the licence as agreed to when purchasing the Soundpool licence.

HTH

John EB
Forum Moderator

Last changed by johnebaker on 12/14/2023, 10:13 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

Eduard-vandenBerg wrote on 12/15/2023, 7:40 AM

@Eduard-vandenBerg Send them your order confirmation e-mail that proves you bought the commercial license and then send them the commercial license from here: https://producerplanet.com/pdf/royalty-free-commercial-license-en.pdf

DittoMusic is not accepting the confirmation email and the PDF of Magix. They wrote this: "Please attach documents proving that you have permission to use the beat(s) for this song(s). It can be the agreement with the producer or master license. Thank you!" If there's nothing else I can do I will go back to Distrokid and try it with them.

SP. wrote on 12/15/2023, 8:21 AM

@Eduard-vandenBerg My only other idea is, to contact customer support at infoservice@magix.net and send them the questions of DittoMusic and ask them for a response. Then send the response back to DittoMusic.

johnebaker wrote on 12/15/2023, 8:32 AM

@Eduard-vandenBerg

Hi

This is a problem encountered frequently when using loops for creating music.

Many distributors do not like loop based compositions as they are technically 'not original works', ie the work should be composed/written/played on instrument(s) by yourself.

Nor is your work a recognisable remix of another persons original work.

John EB

Last changed by johnebaker on 12/15/2023, 8:33 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

Eduard-vandenBerg wrote on 12/21/2023, 8:14 AM

@Eduard-vandenBerg My only other idea is, to contact customer support at infoservice@magix.net and send them the questions of DittoMusic and ask them for a response. Then send the response back to DittoMusic.

@SP. Did that but Ditto didn't respond anymore. I canceled my subscription and went back to Distrokid. They are gonna put it on Spotify without any problems.

Thanks to all for responding. Happy Holidays!!!

SP. wrote on 12/21/2023, 9:00 AM

@Eduard-vandenBerg Thanks for your response. Good to know.

Yeah, it's definitely problematic to use pre-made loops if you don't modify them a lot. The automated copyright systems will be triggered by the loops. Some distributors will not accept that or maybe they wanted the evidence from, what they believe is, the "original" copyright holder and not Magix.

Happy holidays to you as well.