Download Manager for Independence (ywllow tools) crashes Mac Sierra

G-Olerich wrote on 4/18/2021, 2:28 PM

Download manager for Independence downloaded 1 segment of the multipart downloads, and thereafter repeatedly says "wait a moment" but allows starting the download, but subsequently crashes. The download manager shows a date of 2012. I registered Indepence in 2018 to use the Culture library which I had previously had a license for. The one download won't open even though I have the original yellow tools usb dongle plugged in and says something to the effect of "authorization missing".

Please help, thanks.

Comments

SP. wrote on 4/18/2021, 2:42 PM

@G-Olerich You could try the free version and just activate it with your serial number. Maybe that installer is more recent. https://www.magix.com/de/free-download/independence-free-sampler-software/ (just click on "Download Mac")

G-Olerich wrote on 4/18/2021, 3:16 PM

Thanks.

The free version works on my computer, but won't access any of my Yellow Tools Culture library and is specified to not do so. The non free version is neccessary to access the Yellow Tools Culture library (I have the yellow tools culture usb dongle). I show that in 2018 I must have upgraded to the non free version of independence to access that library, but the download manager is crashing.

If you are saying there is a way to activate the free version I haven't seen any way to enter a serial number in it, though thanks for your suggestion.

SP. wrote on 4/18/2021, 3:37 PM

@G-Olerich I thought there would be a pop-up when starting free independence for the first time asking for a serial number or starting the free version. I think you should contact infoservice@magix.net and ask them for an installer that works on your version of Mac Sierra.

DarrylLeeWood wrote on 5/11/2021, 5:08 PM

Have you been able to get this to work? I'm trying to download the Independence Free 3.1 so I can use my Culture library too. I'm also on Sierra. It gets to the end of the first download and crashes as it tries to download the second.