Download failing - error with communication = acid 10 365

JUSTIN-THYME wrote on 7/2/2021, 11:34 AM

I'm on Win10 x64 - chrome/Edge/Firefox

Please see screenshot. Internet connection is functioning as expected...normally - full connection. There is no other Magix or Sony software installed on the system. I've attempted reg hacks, safe mode, rebooting a number of times, re-downloading the downloader. Is there a standalone version I can download? It's just the downloader that's failing. Also, I've explicitly allowed this via my antivirus. Nothing is being blocked as far as I can tell. Please provide me with a work-around or refund my money.

Comments

emmrecs wrote on 7/2/2021, 1:47 PM

@JUSTIN-THYME

Welcome to the Magix user to user forums, so not a contact for any Magix staff and no-one here can refund your money to you, dorry.

You say you've allowed the connection in your antivirus, but what about your firewall especially if it is Windows Defender?

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Samplitude Pro X7 Suite, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

JUSTIN-THYME wrote on 7/3/2021, 9:28 AM

Ok, understood on the forum vs support.

I use Bitdefender for av/fw/etc - windows sec just refers to it. Bitdefender is where I allowed the connection...through that fw actually. Just double-checked and it's still set. Meant to add that I tested again after another reboot....same outcome. I'm going to try connecting hardline vs wireless. I have no idea why that would make a difference, but I'm out of options from this end. Thoughts or direction? I would gladly a ticket with Magix support...just couldn't find where to do that.