Downgrading (VST issues in 10.0.5)

daveskywalker wrote on 6/19/2021, 5:19 AM

I'm having heaps of problems in v10.0.5 having updated earlier this week. Many of my VSTs are now crashing as soon as it tries to load the UI into the "Audio Plug-In" window. I've tried reinstalling Acid, reinstalling my plugins, and I can't now continue projects I'm in the middle of. As these were working before, and I've paid for them, I'm pretty annoyed.

So, can I rewind to an earlier version? If I try to reinstall from the product section it only offers 10.0.5 and I think I was on 10.0.3 before.

Steps to reproduce the error:

1. Open Acid - a new project is fine
2. Add an audio track
3. Click the fx button on the track to select a VST
4. Double click on a VST to add it (I've tried this with Dadas Endless Smile, Waves Soundshifter among others I use).
5. Click the "OK" button. At this point the Audio Plug-In appears to try to load the GUI for the VST, and Acid hangs and eventually crashes entirely.

This has completely stopped me from progressing on stuff I need to finish, so is there a repo or archive I can quickly rewind to the earlier version which worked? Thanks.

Comments

SP. wrote on 6/19/2021, 6:02 AM

@daveskywalker I would suggest you contact support at infoservice@magix.net and ask them to send you the old installers.

daveskywalker wrote on 6/19/2021, 6:26 AM

Thanks @SP. - I know they can take up to 4 working days to respond (so another 6 days from today) hence my hoping someone might have a link to archived versions, but I'll do that too. Thanks 👍

daveskywalker wrote on 6/23/2021, 4:03 PM

OK, after a few days banging my head against the desk (and no response from Magix Support, although I guess to give them credit 4 working days would be tomorrow) I have finally figured out the issue, which appears to be due to a windows update.

In case anyone else finds the same thing, where Acid crashes as soon as it tries to load the GUI, try ensuring you are running Acid on your main laptop/computer screen and not on an attached/secondary monitor. After reinstalling Acid, reinstalling my plugins, then trying alternate DAWs and finally scouring the internet, I've found that depending on your specific graphic setup, loading the GUI on a secondary screen can cause issues.

What exactly causes it to go wrong I don't know, but I was able to force the Audio Plug In window to open on my main laptop screen by opening it once without my monitor plugged in, then plugging it in and moving Acid over to that desktop, then keeping Acid on my larger monitor (second screen), and everything works again as when you open the Audio Plug in window it continues to open on the main laptop screen and doesn't crash.

What an odd set of circumstances, but at least I can get on now! Maybe after celebrating with a beer.

LooneyBinJim wrote on 6/27/2021, 3:21 PM

hold shift click options preferences to open preferences edit box.This will open a hidden tab INTERNAL

click INTERNAL

As you look down the list you will find, Use Multi Monitor Api's

Change the Value from FALSE to TRUE ,then click apply.

#The line will read USe Multi Montior Api's TRUE FALSE

close the box clicking ok .

Reload acid pro to fix problem.]

I had same problem this menu edit fixed it.

BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU CHANGE AS SOME EDITS MIGHT STOP ACID LOADING...

I use a 32 in dell monitor and my laptop screen together in many combinations mixer and sequencer on 1 screen

fx and Plugins on another....etc.

I hope this makes sense .

If not msg me back...

Jim

daveskywalker wrote on 6/28/2021, 4:00 AM

Hi Jim, tried that but unfortunately that didn't help - thanks for the suggestion though.

Yes I tend to sequence on my large monitor and have my FX/plugins on my laptop screen. It looks like because of the update it had reset my layout and I hadn't noticed at first that the plugin window was now on my other screen.

I've set it back the way I want and everything works this way so I'll keep it as is and try and remember for future updates!