Doubts for updates sound forge audio studio 15

Francisco-Oliveira wrote on 1/29/2022, 3:34 AM

Hi! I have sound forge audio studio 15 and I would like to know if when doing an update like version 15.0.0.118 to 15.0.00121 that is available, when I update I will need to reinstall the plugins and configure them all again or will it not affect the plugins and configuratione? .

Comments

rraud wrote on 1/29/2022, 9:48 AM

Welcome to the Magix Sound Forge users community @Francisco-Oliveira.

You will not need to reinstall any plugins and/or configure them. All of your presets and custom settings within Sound Forge will not be changed either
The same, if you reinstall (without uninstalling SF first). from a new installer file downloaded from Magix's Download Center .. . which is another way to update the build.

Francisco-Oliveira wrote on 1/29/2022, 12:03 PM

I am very grateful for your tip, now I am calmer. A big hug!

SP. wrote on 1/29/2022, 7:01 PM

@Francisco-Oliveira As a way to save yourself from the trouble losing a running system it's always a good idea to invest in a backup software that creates an image file of your complete computer system. So you can always restore it in case something doesn't work anymore.

If you work professionally it's also a very good idea to set up two identical computers. One as a test system and one as a productivity system. You make changes always on your test system first and look for problems. If everything is fine you repeat the procedure on your productivity system.

xman_charl wrote on 1/30/2022, 12:37 PM

have used macrium reflect to keep system same, when installing software, good, goofy, no work, bad.

reflect has a feature, when booting, can press a key, go back to standard thingy.