Doesn't record all tracks

K-Sam wrote on 5/17/2022, 8:38 PM

I have Sound Forge version 9, and am using it on Windows 10. It only records some of the tracks if I record one side of an LP. I just recorded one side with 7 tracks. The first time I only got the first, and the last 2 tracks. I tried again for the other 4 and got the first 3 only. Does anyone have any suggestions for me?

Comments

rraud wrote on 5/18/2022, 2:09 PM

Confirm your record parameters to manual. Aside from that SF-9 is no longer supported and is a dinosaur. Upgrade to SF-16. Your SF-9 serial code will still get you the upgrade price discount though.

btw, welcome to the Magix Sound Forge users community @K-Sam.

K-Sam wrote on 5/19/2022, 11:18 AM

I suspected it might be old, but it came with my turntable for converting vinyl to digital. I just needed something simple to make them easier to access. I did check for an upgrade, but it doesn't recognize my serial #. Thanks for your help :)

rraud wrote on 5/19/2022, 11:34 AM

You must have the SF-9 serial to receive the upgrade discount, I am not sure that particular lite version even had a serial. If it does, it would be stated in the 'Help' menu under "About Sound Forge"

Even without the upgrade discount Sound Forge Audio Studio 16 is relatively low cost and Magix has frequent sales.
SFAS 16 includes some vinyl restoration tools and CD authoring.

SP. wrote on 5/19/2022, 11:44 AM

@K-Sam Can you show us a screenshot of your recording settings? Maybe this can be solved by changing some settings. You can upload a screenshot with the blue arrow icon above the text box.