Does the 2017 version still work?

Yo-Zushi wrote on 8/29/2021, 5:21 PM

I recently purchased the 2017 Samplitude Music Studio, largely so I woiuldn't lose all my VIP-file projects created on a mid-2000s version of Magix Audio Studio. But this Samplitude isn't working on my new HP Probook, which operates on Windows 10. I hear a loud roaring hiss on the right channel when I try to do anything on it, and old Magix projects don't play or export (they open, though). I can't record anything new either. Has anyone else experienced this total failure to function? And if so, could you give me pointers about how to fix this? Thank you

Comments

SP. wrote on 8/29/2021, 6:51 PM

@Yo-Zushi What audio driver is selected in the program settings?

Yo-Zushi wrote on 8/30/2021, 3:22 PM

Hi, thanks for thinking about this. It's the ASIO Magic low latency 2016... I have the option of selecting WASAPI and MME as well - should I switch to one of those?

Yo-Zushi wrote on 8/30/2021, 3:30 PM

I switched to the MME one and it seems to have worked - thank you!

SP. wrote on 8/30/2021, 3:35 PM

@Yo-Zushi

Good that MME works for you. If you want to record something via a microphone or MIDI keyboard and you need live monitoring you must select ASIO, for example Magix Low Latency, because this will not work with MME. You need to enable all inputs and outputs you want to use in the ASIO driver settings or you will hear nothing. Here are two example screenshots. If you don't need live monitoring you can use MME.

Yo-Zushi wrote on 8/30/2021, 3:44 PM

Great, thank you so much for your help.