Does MAGIX Music Maker 2014 Premium soundpools work with MAGIX Music Maker MX?

unknownzane wrote on 4/30/2014, 7:30 PM

I just purchased MAGIX Music Maker 2014 Premium soundpools off of Catooh lastnight for my Music Maker MX program for my Win 7 64bit OS. When attemping to use or listen certain samples from the pack I am getting the error "failed to load VST plugin: Revolta 2." The second error I am getting is on some samples. The error is Yellow tools Vita "this project patch is not compatible with your version of Independence. Please update Independence to the newest version and try again."  Does this mean I need to purchase MMM2014, and can't use these on MM MX? Or did I miss a process along the way? 

Comments

browj2 wrote on 4/30/2014, 9:07 PM

As far as I can tell, the MMM 2014 Premium collection is the one that comes with MMM2014Premium, the actual program. By purchasing the collection you are getting the unlimited Pro license. However, I presume that it contains much more than just soundpools and includes the files for instruments and synthesizers. Your version of Music Maker may not have the synthesizers like Revolta.

I don't have your version of MMM, but if it is like the newer versions, you may have extras that you did not install. Go to Help, and look for something like "Update program/Upgrade functions" then "Download free synthesizer and sound packages." You may have something similar. If you do, then check it out as you may not have installed everything. The older version of Revolta may be included. A screen will come up with all of the program additions. Get them.

Then go to program settings, folders and indicate the path to the VST plug-ins. Look at the other post that I replied to today for more info.

Let me know how you make out.

That said, if you want everything to work, then download the MMM2014Premium trial from the Magix site, not Catooh. Install it and try it. If you like it, buy it or wait for a deal from Magix. If you decide to purchase, get Magix to credit you for the purchase of the MMM2014Premium sound collection as it is included.

Last changed by browj2 on 4/30/2014, 9:07 PM, changed a total of 1 times.

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2025 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos

unknownzane wrote on 4/30/2014, 9:32 PM

As far as I can tell, the MMM 2014 Premium collection is the one that comes with MMM2014Premium, the actual program. By purchasing the collection you are getting the unlimited Pro license. However, I presume that it contains much more than just soundpools and includes the files for instruments and synthesizers. Your version of Music Maker may not have the synthesizers like Revolta.

I don't have your version of MMM, but if it is like the newer versions, you may have extras that you did not install. Go to Help, and look for something like "Update program/Upgrade functions" then "Download free synthesizer and sound packages." You may have something similar. If you do, then check it out as you may not have installed everything. The older version of Revolta may be included. A screen will come up with all of the program additions. Get them.

Then go to program settings, folders and indicate the path to the VST plug-ins. Look at the other post that I replied to today for more info.

Let me know how you make out.

That said, if you want everything to work, then download the MMM2014Premium trial from the Magix site, not Catooh. Install it and try it. If you like it, buy it or wait for a deal from Magix. If you decide to purchase, get Magix to credit you for the purchase of the MMM2014Premium sound collection as it is included.

Thanks for the help browj. It looks like my version of Music Maker doesn't work with the 2014. I already checked the updates tab under help, and when I attempted to update it told me the program was already up to date. I ever tried the reset program back to default to see if that would fix it too. I think this is a sign I need to just upgrade to  the MMM2014Premium software. Now to see if I can get a credit on the purchase, since it would really suck having to pay the 39.99 I did for the soundpools, and another 99.99 for the software and same soundpools. 

Thanks again!

browj2 wrote on 4/30/2014, 9:58 PM

Under Help is there anything else that could go to add-ons? The update I am referring to is not the update of the program but one that gets all of the add-ons including demos, instruments, synths, soundpools, effects, etc. They are normally not installed with the program but have to be added afterwards.

Last changed by browj2 on 4/30/2014, 9:58 PM, changed a total of 1 times.

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2025 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos

unknownzane wrote on 4/30/2014, 10:06 PM

Under Help is there anything else that could go to add-ons? The update I am referring to is not the update of the program but one that gets all of the add-ons including demos, instruments, synths, soundpools, effects, etc. They are normally not installed with the program but have to be added afterwards.

Under help I have Update program/ Update Functions when I click the tab. All I have is register online (which is greyed out) and Online Update. Nothing else populates for  the add-ons including demos, instruments, synths, soundpools, effects. Granted I did purchase MMM MX back in 2011/2012 so that could be the reason why. 

nihon94 wrote on 4/30/2014, 10:43 PM

I just purchased MAGIX Music Maker 2014 Premium soundpools off of Catooh lastnight for my Music Maker MX program for my Win 7 64bit OS. When attemping to use or listen certain samples from the pack I am getting the error "failed to load VST plugin: Revolta 2." The second error I am getting is on some samples. The error is Yellow tools Vita "this project patch is not compatible with your version of Independence. Please update Independence to the newest version and try again."  Does this mean I need to purchase MMM2014, and can't use these on MM MX? Or did I miss a process along the way? 

As browj2 has already answered you but I would like to add further.

Sorry your details are little bit confusing.  First of all did you install MMMX and MMM 2014 Premium on the same computer? (if not ok) If so that might be creating problem.

You said "I just purchased MAGIX Music Maker 2014 Premium soundpools off of Catooh"

If I am not wrong the MAGIX Music Maker 2014 Premium Collection got Total 10 Soundpools Unlimited WAV License cost 39.99 USD. Are you sure there are other items also included in the soundpool folder you bought such as Bonus or Independence? If it got Free Independence (You can find more about Independence using links)

http://pro.magix.com/en/independence/versions.1014.html

http://pro.magix.com/en/independence/independence-free.1013.html

Don't PURCHASE anything unless you are so sure. 

nihon94

unknownzane wrote on 4/30/2014, 11:13 PM

Sorry your details are little bit confusing.  First of all did you install MMMX and MMM 2014 Premium on the same computer? (if not ok) If so that might be creating problem.

You said "I just purchased MAGIX Music Maker 2014 Premium soundpools off of Catooh"

If I am not wrong the MAGIX Music Maker 2014 Premium Collection got Total 10 Soundpools Unlimited WAV License cost 39.99 USD. Are you sure there are other items also included in the soundpool folder you bought such as Bonus or Independence? If it got Free Independence (You can find more about Independence using links)

nihon94

Thanks for the info Nihon. I only own MMMX I don't currently own MMM2014 so I don't have that installed. After this I plan on purchasing MMM2014. I did buy the $39.99 pack from the Cahtoon site thinking it would work with MMMX, but it appears I was wrong. lol. these things sometimes happen, and I guess this is what I get for not using google first lol. I checked and rechecked there is no  Bonus or Independence with the sounds, they are just the soundpools themselves. Thanks for the links also I will check them out also. 

-UnknownZane-

nihon94 wrote on 4/30/2014, 11:34 PM

nihon94

Thanks for the info Nihon. I only own MMMX I don't currently own MMM2014 so I don't have that installed. After this I plan on purchasing MMM2014. I did buy the $39.99 pack from the Cahtoon site thinking it would work with MMMX, but it appears I was wrong. lol. these things sometimes happen, and I guess this is what I get for not using google first lol. I checked and rechecked there is no  Bonus or Independence with the sounds, they are just the soundpools themselves. Thanks for the links also I will check them out also. 

-UnknownZane-

Thank you for feedback. Please understand that Soundpool is based on audio files which could run on any Audio software even other than Magix Products. Therefore, thinking that your soundpool will not work on MMMX which is also Magix product is not likely.

As per PDF help of MMMX

System requirements
Computer:
"Intel® Pentium® or AMD® Athlon® 700 MHz or higher, 256 MB RAM (512 MB
recommended)
Min. free hard disk space: 900 MB
SVGA graphics card with min. 4 MB RAM, min. resolution 1024 x 768 at 16-
bit high-color
16-bit sound card
DVD-ROM drive
Microsoft®-compatible mouse (mouse wheel recommended)
Operating system: Microsoft® Windows® 2000, XP, Vista

Did you use MMMX on WIndows 7 without any problem? 

nihon94

unknownzane wrote on 4/30/2014, 11:40 PM

nihon94

-UnknownZane-

Thank you for feedback. Please understand that Soundpool is based on audio files which could run on any Audio software even other than Magix Products. Therefore, thinking that your soundpool will not work on MMMX which is also Magix product is not likely.

As per PDF help of MMMX

System requirements
Computer:
recommended)
bit high-color
16-bit sound card
DVD-ROM drive

nihon94

I've used it for about 2 years now without any issues on my wins7 system. This is the first time I've seen something like this crop up. I am downloading the free version of  Independence to see if that is the cause of the issue here. 

nihon94 wrote on 4/30/2014, 11:50 PM

nihon94

-UnknownZane-

As per PDF help of MMMX

System requirements
Computer:
recommended)
bit high-color
16-bit sound card
DVD-ROM drive

nihon94

I've used it for about 2 years now without any issues on my wins7 system. This is the first time I've seen something like this crop up. I am downloading the free version of  Independence to see if that is the cause of the issue here. 

"I am downloading the free version of  Independence to see if that is the cause of the issue here."

I will not suggest that, Independence is a very large file and using soundpool will not need it. Instead do two things first. Clear Internet Browser's History and Cookies. Restart computer and use MMMX and see it works or not.

Next contact Catooh and explain your problem. Give them details. Music Maker version windows version and talk about your problem. Wait for their reply.

I also wanted to know in your MMMX you already got Sondpool right? So where did you install the newly pruchased one? Can you make sure if the newly purchased soundpools are saved in the proper folder?

nihon94

Former user wrote on 5/1/2014, 6:39 PM

The last time I did any research on Yellow Tools and Idependence stuff....It just did not work....it tries, and so the user keeps banging their head against the wall and starts over and just when you think all the issues are resolved....the program crashes.  UNLESS Magix Inc. has done some repair work and patces to it that i m not aware of, to me , it is and was a piece of junk.  If i am wrong please get back to me so I will know its no  longer an issue.

But deep down inside, I stilll believe it is a  piece of poop.