Do FabFilter or Waves Plugins Work in Acid Pro 10?

Eric-Penington wrote on 11/2/2020, 12:29 PM

Has anyone had issues with running newer FabFilter or Waves plugins in Acid 10? I use a ton of Izotope plugins which work fine (except for the latest vers. of Ozone). I'm seriously thinking of getting some FabFilter ones and was wondering if they'll work properly. You never know with Acid...

Comments

Former user wrote on 11/2/2020, 4:35 PM

Yes, mine is working OK with both FabFilter and Waves so far but I don't yet fully trust Acid to hold up. It is still crashing on me randomly.

Eric-Penington wrote on 11/2/2020, 6:05 PM

Thanks! That's helpful.

I've been telling people that ever since I replaced my Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 with a new Audient iD4 I haven't had as many crashes on my new Windows 10 PC. Acid still isn't perfect but I tried pretty much every other DAW and I'm so comfortable with it, I still use it as my main DAW. I hope all this BS is fixed eventually and they release a newer version soon...

Former user wrote on 11/2/2020, 10:10 PM

Thanks! That's helpful.

I've been telling people that ever since I replaced my Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 with a new Audient iD4 I haven't had as many crashes on my new Windows 10 PC. Acid still isn't perfect but I tried pretty much every other DAW and I'm so comfortable with it, I still use it as my main DAW. I hope all this BS is fixed eventually and they release a newer version soon...

Agreed! I am that idiot that bought almost every DAW out there looking for the same speed and workflow Acid had, none can match it's incredibility. I too hope for the same. I just hope they continue to fix whats wrong with it rather than adding new bells and whistles.

Former user wrote on 11/25/2020, 3:06 AM

Thanks! That's helpful.

Agreed! I am that idiot that bought almost every DAW out there looking for the same speed and workflow Acid had, none can match it's incredibility. I too hope for the same. I just hope they continue to fix whats wrong with it rather than adding new bells and whistles.

You aren’t going to get this as a novice in an unfamiliar DAW. It’s impossible. Until you commit to one of them, you will be stuck here because you will not gain the proficiency needed to work fast elsewhere.

Former user wrote on 11/25/2020, 5:16 AM

Thanks! That's helpful.

You aren’t going to get this as a novice in an unfamiliar DAW. It’s impossible. Until you commit to one of them, you will be stuck here because you will not gain the proficiency needed to work fast elsewhere.

Huh? Do you have any idea what we are even discussing here?

jocker-boy wrote on 11/25/2020, 8:51 AM

At me Waves plugins work fine yet.

Eric-Penington wrote on 11/25/2020, 12:13 PM

Thanks. Yeah, for me the Waves ones work OK. Izotope Neutron works great...Ozone 9 is very slow. FabFilter Pro-R is awesome and I plan on getting Pro-Q at some pt.

By the way, to be honest, I haven't found another super easy to use DAW yet. Even with it's flaws and crashes, I'm sticking with Acid and Sound Forge. With Acid I've just gotten used to saving quite often. It blows though when it crashes and I lose 40 min. of work! It has a long way to go, but if Acid could fix its problems, it would on par with all the other DAWs.

roland14 wrote on 11/30/2020, 2:03 PM

Just FYI.

Every Daw once you learn it is easy to use, one probobly needs about 6 months of constant use to get familior with one.

I was also a only Acid Pro User for about 7 years, but once I wanted to use some more complex plugs, and more flexibility with workflow, that never worked in Acid I moved to Waveform from Tracktion, and that was preaty good daw, but still some of my plugs did not work and after using it for 3 years and no fixes from Tracktion I moved to Ableton 9, that daw was great, much better then Acid and Waveform, lots of commands and setup was much better, but for unknown reason I could not get a decent sound from that daw.

So after a year I finaly moved to Presonus Studio One and now in this daw I have everything, the sound and flexibility, after I learned this daw, now when I come back to Acid I"m thinking why was I using this daw for so long(Acid Pro), everything feels so tedious, and slow compare to Studio One.

So dont be afraid to try one daw for a while and you might find a gem.

Cheers

Eric-Penington wrote on 11/30/2020, 3:35 PM

Studio One, in addition to Reaper, were the other DAWs I considered. I may give Studio One another shot at some point because I do like the look of it... just never put in the time to figure it out. People only say great things about it. Thanks for the comment.

Former user wrote on 11/30/2020, 4:50 PM

Studio One, in addition to Reaper, were the other DAWs I considered. I may give Studio One another shot at some point because I do like the look of it... just never put in the time to figure it out. People only say great things about it. Thanks for the comment.

Guys, this whole situation sucks. I hope Magix is seeing customers running off to the competitor. I am reading more and more about musicians leaving Acid due to it's unstability but otherwise its a great DAW. I wish they had seriously taken version 7 and fixed it the first time and then released version 8. They are already at version 10 and the bugs are still stagnant. I used Ableton since 2008 and never had the same fluidity as I did with Acid and look at me, I am back on it but had to learn how to avoid crashes. I hope somebody in Magix is putting in time and fixing the problems before they ask for more upgrade money.

Former user wrote on 1/20/2021, 6:54 PM

People always say great things about the DAWs they use, and those that they feel have "burned" them. Take user feedback with giant buckets of salt.

But I do agree with what he stated, and this is what I meant in my initial response. Until you commit to actually using another DAW, you're always going to feel like it's worse. The first DAW you learn is always like a ball and chain - and even if stability and development (in your opinion) suffer, you're going to constantly feel like you have to stick with it.

Being a on-DAW user is productivity blackmail against yourself. This is why you see even popular producers streaming and trying out different DAWs. These people have been through enough to know that it's important to leave yourself with options by maintaining proficiency beyond your current "choice" production platform.

When a product "falls out of favor," the people left hanging on for dear life tend to be those who just sat on one DAW/NLE/etc. and never really thought to diversify themselves in terms of proficiency with different software products.

For example, most of the SONAR users left by the time it got shut down (before BandLab's purchase) had been using the software for 5-15+ years, some even longer. Most of its userbase had already jumped ship, and a ton of them took those cross grade discounts that came out after the announcement and never looked back. A few did come back, largely for the same reason. They weren't willing to stick it out in another production software to gain proficiency comparable to what they had with SONAR. Most of Cakewalk's users, these days, are "newer" users.

I actually think Studio One hurt SONAR more than any other DAW on the market, as it targeted their core market pretty heavily.

I think the lapse in ACID development was a misstep. The pendulum has swung back towards Samples (Splice, Loopcloud, etc.), which is right in ACID Pro's wheel house. They just need to improve the MIDI Editing functions, IMHO, as well as implement some other QoL/Workflow enhancements.

That being said, I compare ACID more so to DAWs like AKAI MPC Software and Native Instruments Machine than the likes of Cubase and Studio One. Nothing is stopping it from "growing up," though, except what MAGIX wants for it.

DFIII wrote on 1/21/2021, 7:10 PM

I've been away from Acid for about 7 years ... delving into those other DAWs. After sampling Reaper, Studio One, Ableton, Cubase and Pro Tools I'll say they all have their strengths and weaknesses. At this time I'm deepest into Pro Tools as I love how you can essentially edit from the 'Edit Window' without having to dive into endless other windows and secondly Cubase where Pro Tools' MIDI shortcomings and lack of ARA are well compensated.

I find that every DAW you learn makes learning easier for as you learn the concepts you just have to figure out the varying languages/ labeling and where to access the tool you know must be there.

I'm finding it pretty easy to get back in the flow of Acid with a little help from this forum on a few sticky wickets I either never learned or have forgotten. But ... I can't imagine that the producers or Samplitude and Sequoia will ever develop it into a full-fledged DAW.

What they ought to do is develop it into a full-fledged VSTi instrument as Band In The Box is doing with itself. That would be something everyone would want to have. For me it is a very useful complimentary program to ... caution to the wind, I'm going to say it ... a real DAW.

SKUIX0 wrote on 1/21/2021, 8:16 PM

I use AcidPRo, Ableton and Studio One. Acid's WorkFlow is unmatched in some ways.

Former user wrote on 1/21/2021, 9:30 PM

I use AcidPRo, Ableton and Studio One. Acid's WorkFlow is unmatched in some ways.

AGREED! It is a concept that is very hard for some to understand. If a tool works for you, you stick to it!