Distorted Audio playback, even your demo

Johnny-Brooks wrote on 4/15/2021, 2:42 PM

My playback is distorted. I have downloaded an ASIO and have set the card to 16 & 48000 to no avail. I am using a new MS W-10 laptop W/Realtek audio card. I have been using a MS W-7 laptop. FYI, I am having a hard time finding things in the W-10 laptop. I have read through the book and didn't find a fix. I have Samplitude PRO X3 Suite. Also I didn't find a sound pool after the install. Help!

Comments

SP. wrote on 4/15/2021, 3:52 PM

@Johnny-Brooks

Hello. For Soundpools and instruments please look under Help > Download Instruments and Sounds.

For a non-distorted playback you need to increase the playback buffer size. Start with the highest possible settings like in my screenshot.

Then decrease them stepwise with the minus button as long as you don't get distorted playback.

Johnny-Brooks wrote on 4/18/2021, 1:56 PM

I maxed everything in the buffer menu to no avail. It sounds like it's breaking up and/or has static. It's in the speakers and it's the same in headphones. Got any other ideas?

SP. wrote on 4/18/2021, 2:49 PM

@Johnny-Brooks Yes. You should try an external audio interface with ASIO drivers. Cheap ones for beginners are Steinberg UR12 or Focusrite Scarlett Solo 3rd Gen. If you have the money and get a RME Babyface Pro.