DirectX Plugins

john_barr wrote on 4/15/2024, 7:06 AM

I opened a Ticket with Magix Support about DirectX Plugin Presets not appearing when the plugins are opened again. The response they sent was this:

"Unfortunately, the recall of the plugin's previous properties repeatedly led to crashes in versions 16 and 17. Since we want to ensure a high compatibility with many modern plugins, this recall is no longer available in version 18, which makes the software more stable".

I think Magix has no interest in solving the issue.

Comments

SP. wrote on 4/15/2024, 8:37 AM

@john_barr The problem is also, that Direct X audio plugins are an ancient early 2000s technology which are basically dead by today. Presets are stored in the Windows registry. This might have worked fine in the Windows XP days, but I can see this will cause problems under modern Windows 10 and 11.

john_barr wrote on 4/15/2024, 9:30 AM

@SP.

So, does that mean there is no solution?

rraud wrote on 4/15/2024, 9:51 AM

If I am understanding the issue, all my user DX presets are intact on SFP 16-17-18. The parameters return if I reopen the plug-in on the current file after changing the parameters.

john_barr wrote on 4/15/2024, 10:15 AM

This issue only happens with the predefined parameters.

SP. wrote on 4/16/2024, 6:00 PM

@john_barr A workaround could be to save the predefined presets you want to use under a new name as user presets.

john_barr wrote on 4/16/2024, 6:43 PM

@SP.

This is a workaround to get around the problem, while Magix does not provide a definitive solution.

Thank you.

Richard-Docherty wrote on 4/22/2024, 10:11 AM

I’m still struggling with connecting my tyros 2 keyboard to get all the functions the keyboard has, I bought an audio interface. Plugged in midi out from keyboard to midi in on interface. Plugged midi in from keyboard to midi out interface. Tried Jack cables from interface to keyboard, I get sound from keyboard but still no full features of the tyros. Since following this I can’t get sounds from the vst instruments now, so frustrating, any help?

rraud wrote on 4/22/2024, 10:28 AM

I can’t get sounds from the vst instruments now

Sound Forge does not support VST Instruments, if that is what you are asking.