Delete Previous Versions of Audio Cleaning Lab

Stuart-Friedman wrote on 2/26/2021, 1:42 PM

(1) I have several versions of Magix and Sound Forge Audio Cleaning Lab (2013/2016/MX /Sound Forge versions 1, 2, and 3). Can I delete previous versions without losing files? How do I do it? (2) Do you have a similar program for downloading DVD Video files?

I have a Dell PC, Windows 10

Comments

emmrecs wrote on 2/26/2021, 2:04 PM

@Stuart-Friedman

Welcome to the Magix user to user forums.

Whether or not to keep those older versions is entirely up to you! Certainly the MX (the oldest), 2013 and 2016 versions may well not work under the latest release of Win 10, especially the first two. Since each version is an independent installation theoretically you should not lose any important files by removing at least some of those earlier versions. For each one that you want to uninstall, simply use the built-in uninstaller for that version.

You asked for a similar program for downloading DVD video files. Can you explain rather more about what you mean? The various versions of ACL and SFACL are designed for "cleaning up" otherwise less than perfect audio files. How does that equate to what you want to do with any DVD files?

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Samplitude Pro X7 Suite, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

Stuart-Friedman wrote on 2/26/2021, 3:33 PM

Thank you for answering my questions--and so quickly!

I would like to have a program that I can use to download videos and either view them or burn them onto a DVD. I have YouTube Downloader, but that is not usable on files other than YouTube.

rraud wrote on 2/26/2021, 4:32 PM

I would like to have a program that I can use to download videos and either view them or burn them onto a DVD. I have YouTube Downloader, but that is not usable on files other than YouTube.

A lot of the expert folks over at the Magix Vegas Pro forum use 4K Video Downloader which works on Vimeo, YT, ect, ect.. Burning DVDs is a separate process, many Magix and Sony software users have Vegas and DVD Architect.
Video Redo may be worth a look-see.

emmrecs wrote on 2/27/2021, 4:33 AM

@Stuart-Friedman

I would fully endorse @rraud's recommendation of 4K Video Downloader.

As for suitable software, in addition to those which Rick lists, Movie Edit Pro would be more than adequate for your purposes. If you decide to buy the recommendation is always to go for at least the Plus and preferably the Premium variant.

Jeff

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Samplitude Pro X7 Suite, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam