Décalage Midi - MIDI delay

Will2008 wrote on 5/3/2008, 1:44 AM
Config : Magix Studio 2008 + Win XP + carte son Edirol FA-66
Hi,
I haven't the same ryhm between the note played and recorded in the software.

Sorry for the delay (I work to much...;-( and not enough time for music !!! )  but I want to thank you for your answers ... I did not find yet the parameters in my FA-66. I will try again. I think there is perhaos a troube in the midi clock between the FA-66 ans the Magix...

I will inform you asap ;-)

Comments

ralftaro wrote on 5/6/2008, 2:21 AM
Might be a pure recording latency problem, from what I understand. Make sure to configure Music Studio in a way that it will actually use your sound card's ASIO drivers. By default the program is not set to use ASIO driver. Just this alone might resolve or considerably improve latency behavior. Beyond that, some hardware and software optimization might be in order to make your system perform really well for home recording purposes.
NoTurning wrote on 6/18/2008, 8:08 PM
Unfortunately ASIO will not improve MIDI latency... ASIO has nothing to do wiht MIDI. Ralftaro is right in that it will improve audio latency; just not MIDI. The FA-66 is a firewire interface so I doubt you're having any trouble with audio latency anyway.

To improve midi latency check the midi device driver for a latency/buffer setting. You will have a setting like this in your Edirol FA-66 control panel applet. Check that first and let us know.
Justin
NoTurning wrote on 8/8/2008, 7:35 PM
There are a few tricks we can try... let us know what you come up with.
Justin