Creative ASIO Issues

MickEdoo wrote on 5/16/2021, 4:07 PM

Hi there , just purchased Sound forge audio studio13 , I am using Cubase 11 elements with a M-audio 196/14 audio interface with PC Windows 10 . I am using the M- audio drivers in the Daw which perform very well . I don't have an aftermarket sound card fitted to my PC . When I try to open Sound forge a warning box appears that says no creative ASIO device found ? Is this because there isn't a sound card in the PC ? I was using a Turtle Beach sound card in my old set up with Cubase with no issues but the M-audio is a new addition to my current set up . Any info or suggestions would be gratefully received , regards Mike

Comments

Rednroll wrote on 5/16/2021, 7:35 PM

It sounds like from your description that you have the Creative ASIO driver selected in the Sound Forge Preferences. However, you have the M-audio device plugged into your PC. The message you are seeing is that Sound Forge is unable to detect that the creative sound card is is connected. Am I misunderstanding something? Did Creative purchase M-audio and the M-audio device now uses a Creative ASIO driver?

You should be able to just go to OPTIONS>PREFERENCES> AUDIO TAB> and then select the proper Driver in the "Audio Device type" drop-down selection which should be the M-audio ASIO driver.

MickEdoo wrote on 5/17/2021, 1:23 AM

Thank you very much for the info , most appreciated, regards Mike