Creating an instrument from a Sample

hazencruz wrote on 2/1/2018, 3:38 AM

I have a sample of a glockenspiel that I would like to turn into a digital instrument in Magix Music Maker (no year listed with my version). It's the one I got from humble bundle a few weeks ago.

I am not sure how to do this and can't seem to find any information on it here on the forums or anywhere else.

Is this possible to do with Magix Music Maker?

If so, how can it be done?

Comments

emmrecs wrote on 2/1/2018, 9:52 AM

If the sample you have is literally that, a single sample, then the creation of an "instrument" is highly unlikely in any software. Sampled instruments will always include multiple samples taken from across the range of the instrument, with different attacks, using (in the case of a glockenspiel) a wide range of different beaters, etc., etc. Generally, the more samples which are used, the higher the quality of the sound reproduced and the more expensive the instrument!

Even with a multiplicity of samples which would include all the "variations" listed above, I do not think it is possible to create an "instrument" which could be added to and be playable from within MM.

BTW, the exact version of MM which you have can be found by going to Help>About Magix Music Maker; the current, latest version is 25.1.2.78.

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Samplitude Pro X7 Suite, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

johnebaker wrote on 2/1/2018, 12:32 PM

Hi

In MMM if you have the Anolog Synths it has a Glockenspiel instrument

There are many Glockenspiel VST's available on the Internet, some for free, for maximum versatility you need one with Attack, Decay, Sustain, Release, Pan, Reverb and Volume controls and preferably a range of Glockenspiel instruments.

HTH

John EB

Last changed by johnebaker on 2/1/2018, 12:39 PM, changed a total of 2 times.

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

hazencruz wrote on 2/1/2018, 11:51 PM

I have the latest version and many samples, I just want to know what program or option on MM to use to make those samples into a MIDI controller instrument.

robertNC wrote on 2/2/2018, 12:22 AM

I'm not sure what functionality MM has, but, in the past, I've taken a single wavesample, and halved/doubled its frequency in order to transpose it across my old ensoniq keyboard. You might need to use an audio editor, like samplitude or sound forge. I used nero's wave editor at the time.. You might still be able to register Samplitude silver edition, which is a 'limited' free version of Samplitude Pro: http://www.miditech.de/userfiles/magix/samplitude_pro_x_silver_miditech_us.exe

Alternatively, some samplers have a transpose engine that automatically does it. Maybe MM has it, but I don't currently use it, so I can't assist you there

hazencruz wrote on 2/2/2018, 12:27 AM

I found something for samplitude called "independence." I'm thinking it might be helpful.

robertNC wrote on 2/2/2018, 12:30 PM

Yep - Independence is Magix's sampler. It should have a transpose engine.

Alison-Whyte wrote on 4/3/2021, 7:01 PM

Did you manage to have any joy with Independence? I am having a similar issue, after I purchased some single hit WAVs. Thanks.