Crashing/ New Project/ Large Wav or MP3/ or previous made project

lt20018 wrote on 9/18/2018, 5:50 PM

New computer. Windows 10 RAM 8GB 64 bit processing.

I have used previous version of Acid for almost a decade, when upgrading to Pro 8 due to 7 phasing out. I am a sample based producer. I do not use any of the "loops" or one shots provided by Acid. All of my sounds are from an actual drum machine and i do sample based producing.

When creating a project and starting with either a MP3 or .Wav or even doing an actual recording from my turntable. Starting the project, saving the project to later wanting to continue the project. It crashes. The crash can happen after importing the MP3 or .wav file into the DAW or the crash can happen when i have started a project. Also when attempting to reopen the project, it will get to about 8% to 14% loading and crash.

Why?

7 use to work so great!

I am almost at my wits end, checking this forum, reading other crashing problems and post.

Checking EVERYTHING on my side with my new computer and nothing.

Is there a patch or recent update that i missed?

Help would be greatly appreciated, if not...im done with Acid for good as i should have been when SCS dropped the ball...just saying.

Comments

sheppo wrote on 9/20/2018, 12:19 PM

Hi @lt20018 - that's certainly odd. You're not doing anything particularly special that I don't do myself with the product, so I'm unsure as to help specifically. I think your best port of call at the moment is contact support directly as they will be better placed to offer assistance. https://www.magix.com/gb/support/technical-support

lt20018 wrote on 9/29/2018, 5:41 PM

I wish i could call tech support but due to living on the west coast by the time I get home. That department is closed.