Crashes drop frames impossible to recored

Filip-Saffray wrote on 3/8/2021, 11:14 AM

Hi had a big trouble with my sam X5 last Friday

20 Channel recording classical music no effect from Touchmix 30 pro...the fan of my laptop was running like crazy...after 20 minutes by saving it crashed...I lost the whole session 20 min orchestra production..I booted my computer twice and the TouchMix...no change...so problems with saving in some clusters was the alert and ASIO problems...I have a new Acer Aspire 5 with Ryzen 4500u 6 core 16gb ram and 500 ssd drive...

My solutions was to put my backup daw reaper...5 minutes later it was doing the job 20 Channel 2%CPU work no fan making noises everything was perfect...

I even called the tech support and they told me no to use Sam and to use Reaper because it is more stable and the need no make a deep analyses of why it is not possible to record and why I have drop frames...

Well I did use last 2 days Samplitude to do some editing no problem so far except with Ara 2 mod and steinberg spectral cleaning it could not sawe the changes crashed the program and I lost even the back up🥴🥴🥴🥴

Any you guys have so much problem with Sam ? For editing a great program but Recording and stability...it is not so efficient maybe the rendering of the waws with color the pick Modus is a problem...or ASIO compatibility no 💡...

Anyway my 2 backup multichannel Tascam Hsp82 did the job so not a big deal but still why spend so much money if the basic function of recording is problematic?

Will call support Tech...nice guys but like always better count on yourself and a good hardware than a supposed good software...

Comments

SP. wrote on 3/8/2021, 11:26 AM

@Filip-Saffray I don't think that you will find many people here that use Samplitude to record Orchestras (more likely none) but there are many professionals at https://community.samplitude.com/

There are many topics about stability problems with Samplitude. I think a lot of users say that older versions like Pro X2 are much more stable than the newer ones.

I would suggest that you post your topic over there.

Filip-Saffray wrote on 3/8/2021, 1:18 PM

Thanks,

Here in germany all the ARD german state radio broadcast company works on sequoia...and a lot of guys use as well Samplitude...but reaper is as good for Recording...

syncsam wrote on 3/11/2021, 2:30 PM

I´m using Samplitude since 1994 on Amiga. I´m still using X4 in my ADR/Synchronstudio. Here  we might be the only ones using Samplitude. But for sure not for classic recordings. Sequoia is made for that and there is not a big difference to Samplitude. All the proofed coding makes it to Sequoia plus some specials. Because of compatibility reasons we also need to run protools. It really makes me wonder how protools became market leader. It is not intuitive and it still carries the ballast from its past of being a control software for external audio hardware. So, yes I prefer Samplitude by far!
I can´t speak about X5 - we are still using X4, no Problems so far…

Filip-Saffray wrote on 3/11/2021, 2:57 PM

Hi thanks for the comment I Worked with Sequoia 2006-2013 it was great never Crashed great crossfade and 4 point editor It was at the Campus the Computer Studio at the University of Musik in Karlsruhe Germany.

But it is and was out of my budget so I use Samplitude instead.

But Project migration with EDL between Reaper and Sam is no problem maybe some plug- get lost in the process but in classical music not a big drama...I don't use it so much anyway.

For editing and mix,Mastering with some great plugins like from HOFA still X5 is great by the way HOFA is a great plug-in german company with great stuff and the V2 reverb is quite nice...it is maybe no so fancy like izotope products but usefull

Thanks for the Answers