Comments

emmrecs wrote on 12/25/2023, 6:31 AM

@frank-flores

It seems your file is somehow corrupted, in which case you may have no alternative but to start the project again.

BUT, as a general rule it is never advisable to save ANY project or data files to the computer desktop since Windows changes or updates may lead to the deletion, or perhaps corruption, of any files not considered to be "normal" occupants of the space.

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

SP. wrote on 12/25/2023, 10:52 AM

@frank-flores Usually Music Maker saves a backup file every 10 minutes. You can try to load the backup file.

frank-flores wrote on 12/25/2023, 4:14 PM

I loaded the back up but it was missing track takes. I talked to a sound engineer and he asked what DAW i was using. I told him Magix Music maker 2024 and he laughed at me.

frank-flores wrote on 12/25/2023, 4:14 PM

Then it lost the whole project somehow.,

SP. wrote on 12/25/2023, 5:51 PM

@frank-flores All recordings are saved separately in your recording folder. Please click on the gear icon next to the record button to see the path where they are saved. Even if your project might be corrupted, your recordings should still be there.

But MIDI recordings are saved directly into the project file, so they cannot be found there.

I talked to a sound engineer and he asked what DAW i was using. I told him Magix Music maker 2024 and he laughed at me.

Sounds like he cannot help you