Comments

rraud wrote on 2/14/2022, 12:21 PM

What version and build of Sound Forge ? (Read the 'Sticky')
Are you referring to iZotope's Ozone 'Elements' ?
Does this occur with other plug-ins, as well.. singularly and in a chain ?
Does this occur with PCM files <.wav> or just MP3 or other lossy formats ?

btw, welcome to the Magix Sound Forge users community @MrWEDZ.

MrWEDZ wrote on 2/16/2022, 9:56 PM

Thx rraud! To answer your question I'm running isotope ozone within sound forge audio 16, which I upgraded from 15 a couple of days ago. I was hoping from 15 to 16 that would eliminate this issue. In any case, this happens with both wav and mp3 files. I never had a problem before probably SOUND FORGE most recent updates. Every time I try to master a project or review the project while running isotope ozone 9, SOUND FORGE crashes and ask to send crash report and closes everything down. I can't find any tech support with sound forge, which is why I came to this community. when this started happening last year, I uninstalled reinstalled, still nothing worked. I can't find a solution. I also keep seeing that annoying RENEW UPDATE SERVICE pop up asking to install, and when I start installation, nothing happens, it keeps coming back, don't know how to get rid of that crap. i'm just looking for a different software to at this point because this has been going on for too long and I can't seem to have a fix for. Sorry for the long post, and thanks.

rraud wrote on 2/17/2022, 1:07 PM

I cannot duplicate that behavior (Ozone Elements with AS-16). Have you tried using a different Ozone VST format.. VST-2 for instance, and/or the 32 bit (x86) version of AS-16 (which btw will coexist with the x64 version and share most of the custom settings.

Otherwise, request a Magix Sound Forge Tech Support ticket. It is a little confusing though.. so peruse these instructions from a prior comment:
https://www.magix.info/us/forum/unable-to-record--1272206/#ca1661047

xman_charl wrote on 2/18/2022, 2:51 PM

notice that .... renew the update service

sound forge audio studio 16

disconnect lan, no renew the update service....window

another bug....of many

do like truncate silence thingy... works very well

rraud wrote on 2/18/2022, 3:28 PM

@MrWEDZ: I also keep seeing that annoying RENEW UPDATE SERVICE

You can uninstall the 'Update Notifier. It will not affect SF or any other installed apps. I never install it in the first place.

If you have trouble downloading the update patch or it does not install, download the main installer from the Magix Download Center (which will have the latest build) and reinstall. Do not uninstall the existing build first and you will not lose any custom settings and such. You do not need reinstall the other items in the install manager.