Crash after dropping markers

szgabor wrote on 1/4/2022, 1:35 PM

Dear Support,

I'm using Sound Forge Pro 15.0 Suite , build 161 64 bit over an AMD Windows 10 machine, Windows 10 21H2 Hungarian.

My problem is: when I'm dropping a marker in the sound file, the program is crashing in a half minute. The program quits without any warnings. Always.

My hardware configuration is: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 8-Core processor, 16 GB RAM, built-in SSD's (one M.1 and one SATA, more hard discs), a cheap graphic card.

If you have some helpful information, please share it with me.

Thanks, Gabor Szentes

Comments

rraud wrote on 1/4/2022, 4:11 PM

I can not duplicate any abnormal behavior with the "Insert> Marker" menu or the "M" key shortcut. I do not recall any reports of the abnormality either.

- I would first try resetting SF in the 'File' menu. "Reset and clear cached data". Close and restart Sound Forge (Alternate method: Hold the "Ctrl + Shift" keys whilst launching Sound Forge (which will exhibit the same reset menu).

- If resetting and clearing the cache does not fix the issue, uninstall and reinstall. A third-party uninstaller like 'Revo Uninstall' is often recommended. Revo is highly regarded and can remove left-over registry entries and other pertinent data the OS uninstall leaves behind, which in usually the root of recurring issues .

- Request a Magix Tech Support ticket (btw, this is a users group and not the official Magix support channel),
Requesting Magix support is somewhat confusing, so you may want to peruse a recent comment that has step-by-step instructions:

In any case, best wishes for 2022 and welcome to the Magix Sound Forge users community.