Cosmetic bug in Sound Forge 14 Windows 10

Dave-Usher wrote on 7/19/2021, 8:26 AM

I am reporting a cosmetic bug in Sound Forge 14.

When the program loads it creates a frame container on the left side of the program window for the Workspace, Import, Effects, Mastering, and Export button sets.

This container prints a greyed ghost border of itself on all desktops when using ctrl-Start-arrows to have more than one desktop.

This is an initialization bug where the desktop parent that the border is placed on is not defined in the code. Since the desktop parent is not defined, the border appears on all desktops..

When I move the program window around in the desktop it is located in, the ghost border does not move with it. It stays where it was originally initialized. So this is definitely and init bug.

The ghost container border goes away when I close Soundforge. It appears only on the desktop, and does not interfere with other apps.

This is a capture of left side of soundforge, which is located in the upper left corner of a windows desktop:

This is a capture of the left side of another desktop. the ghost container border is exactly the sized of all the button sets.

Comments

rraud wrote on 7/19/2021, 10:49 AM

Welcome to the Magix Sound Forge users forum @Dave-Usher. Try a reset/cache clear or re-install. Maybe other Sound Forge Audio Studio 14 users have experienced the behavior and will comment.

This is a users forum, so there are no pertinent Magix staff folks here. Report bugs and such to Magix Sound Forge Tech Support.

Dave-Usher wrote on 7/19/2021, 2:43 PM

There is no way to contact a human being or make a report on the so-called Tech Support page. They dont even have an email address. Everything is automated ninny support.

I'm really fed up with Magix support. Every time i turn around I have to log back in and do another two image challenges. the cookie auth for the website does not work with the support pages. Who planned that mess?

As a career at&t IT person who created and ran a major internal website, I find it unbelievable there is no way to report a bug. We have users doing corporate support? Huh? Can you refer this bug to somebody. No, its not a cache issue and no a reinstall is not going to fix a miscoding issue. This part of the program does not comply with windows multiple desktops. that is the probelm

rraud wrote on 7/19/2021, 4:30 PM

I will not report a bug without duplicating the behavior personally and/or without multiple other comments of others experiencing the same issue. You can however request Magix support. It is a convoluted process, but this cheat sheet should help.

Dave-Usher wrote on 7/19/2021, 7:10 PM

Please give me an email address where I can report the bug. i was a developer for 20 years with AT&T. All maintenance done on all core internet routers was scheduled, managed, executed, tracked, and reported on my system, which had over 800 corporate users. I wrote almost every line of code and did all the planning. It interacted with at least 8 major corporate systems run by IBM. I wrote the backend and wsdls as well. This is nothing compared to my job. Suggesting i don't know what I am doing is a huge insult. I suggest you join the real world and work with me to get this bug fixed.

I attached the screencaps proving that the bug does exist. My windows 10 is same as everybody elses. It takes a developer to catch a bug like this.

Since Magix has no way for users to report bugs and this is the only place I can report it, admins such as yourself have a duty to refer bugs, It is not your job to verify or triage bugs. That is want developers are paid to do.

Obviously, since you are an admin for Magix you do have a duty to pass this along. Magix developers are more than welcome to contact me for head-to-head testing at my email address drusher [at] swbell.net There is nothing you can do other than your job which is to get this to the developers so we can get it fixed.

emmrecs wrote on 7/20/2021, 4:28 AM

@Dave-Usher

First, please be aware that all the moderators on this forum are NOT Magix employees but simply fellow-users of the various softwares. None of us has any duty to refer bugs to anyone and I would ask that you refrain from making wholly unsubstantiated comments about the relationship between forum moderators and any Magix staff. In particular, your verbal abuse of @rraud is wholly uncalled for and, if repeated, is almost certain to result in you being permanently banned from the Magix Community. Please read carefully the Community rules, to be found in the footer of every forum page, especially #1.

@rraud provided you with the link to access Technical Support; he also made the perfectly reasonable statement that, for a problem to be considered a "bug", it should be reproducible on a variety of systems by a variety of users. The fact that you consider the problem you are seeing as a "bug" does not automatically make it so (whatever your previous experience in IT systems may be).

Jeff
(Another) Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

Rednroll wrote on 7/20/2021, 9:28 AM

Do yourself a favor and just close that window out. That window is non customizable and everything can be accessed from other areas of the program which are more customizable.

What you described definitely seems like a bug and given your setup scenario of creating multiple desktops is likely one which never got tested and likely would fall into a low rank of priority to fix. Don't stress yourself out over it, just close the window out. None of the functions within SF rely on it. Personally, I have not seen any value to that window other than trying to dumb down the application and closed it out after the 1st time I seen it

emmrecs wrote on 7/21/2021, 4:27 AM

@Dave-Usher

Your latest post has been hidden due to the wholly unacceptable tone and language used. You are also making threats towards other users. As a result, your access to these forums has been removed, initially for a period of 28 days. Until and unless you fully accept and agree to the Community rules which were clearly stated to you when you signed to join the forum this ban will become permanent.

@Rednroll

I fully understand why you responded to the post from @Dave-Usher in the manner in which you did but I have hidden your post also, since I do not want these forums to become any sort of flaming war. With apologies for my action but I trust you will understand why.

Jeff

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam