CoreFX Documentation

michael-wildermuth wrote on 3/27/2021, 12:42 PM

I have Sound Forge Pro 14. I can bring up the CoreFX effects. However, when I click on the ? for help, I get the spinning busy circle for a moment and then nothing happens. In searching further for documentation, I found "Applying Processes and Effects > Effects > coreFX > Introduction" within Sound Forge Help. However, it simply states:

The coreFX are a collection of several effects plug-ins with a clear user interface that ensures a uniform operation. There are 9 core FX that can be categorized in two groups: delay-based and dynamic effects, plus the Volume Former. Inside these groups the effects differ just from the range of the parameter values which results in different audible effects. The Volume Former is a special case, it cannot be assigned to either of these two groups.

Each of the plug-ins contains several hands-on presets for daily use. Just try out the presets to get an idea of how the plug-ins work!

And that is it! I am looking for actual documentation. I found the one-minute videos on the website storefront which demonstrate the products. However, again, I am looking for actual documentation. Please help.

Comments

Lotuz wrote on 3/29/2021, 2:53 PM

I have the coreFX Volume Former plugin and the download link for the installers and the 11 page manual for the CoreFX Suite can be found in My Account/My Products.

Perhaps the manual is already installed. Search your drive for manual_corefxsuite_en.pdf.

rraud wrote on 3/29/2021, 6:09 PM

Sound Forge Pro-14 had a help menu install issue, which would only install the internal help files with the 32 bit version. I would just peruse the PDF manual @Lotuz mentioned. Otherwise installing the 32 bit version or SFP-14 should load them,, which should coexist w/o issue. They 64 and 32 bit versions share many of the same settings and other data.
The Core Fx basically have the same parameters as every other plug-in of the same kind. Comp. Limit, Gate, Delay ect. so anyone with previous Fx experience should not have difficulties. Personally, I am not impressed by the sound or the GUI of any of the Core Fx, but I'm a fussy old SOB.

Lotuz wrote on 3/30/2021, 4:54 AM

I think the CoreFX Suite plugins are rather nice for bread and butter effects. Though I miss a reverb, a phaser and a tremelo. Its predecessor essentialFX Suite did have those.