convert problem

Elvis01 wrote on 11/8/2021, 1:48 PM

Hello

I have a problem with the sound forge 14 pro software. Every time I want to convert a recorded file from a 33 rpm to mono I get the following message: "The number of channels cannot be less than 1". This means the number of channels cannot be less than 1. This is an operation that I do in batch mode and I convert a hundred files at a time. I started a batch and got failure messages every time. This batch had been done for a long time and it was well configured. I then opened a file and I chose the Convert option and from that moment I see this message and in the options it is indicated 0 in the choice of the number of channels to create whereas it should have been 1 Thank you for your help.

Comments

rraud wrote on 11/8/2021, 5:17 PM

In the batch converter's settings under 'Add Save options', choose the desired format(s), typically PCM (Wave) and select 'Custom' for the sample rate, bit depth and number of channels (I would assume you want one (1) channel "Mono".

There were problems with the 'new' batch converter. so make sure you have the current SFP-14 build (140) installed.

FWIW, A single-channel mono file will playback through both speakers equally, if the audio source is mono to begin with, rendering a 2-channel (dual-mono) file is a waste of drive space for the PCM fomatt and less quality if you encode a 2-channel (dual mono) MP3..

btw, what is "33 rpm to mono" ..makes no sense like, 'did you drive to work or bring your lunch'

Vince-HA wrote on 3/10/2022, 1:12 PM

Using the batch converter in Sound Forge Pro14 (build140) Nothing has been changed except now it crashes each time.